Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna hacked?

Madonna hacked?

I normally don't do cut and pasteing unless it is good...

This is def. interesting...
    Source
    Madonna's web site hacked over fake MP3's put on the P2P networks
    Material Girl encounters MP3 loving hackers
    04-20-2003 2:05:34 PM CST -- By Paul Cashmere for Undercover.com

Over the weekend the official Madonna site madonna.com was designed to look like it was hacked and the entire new 'American Life' album offered for a free download. Every song from the Madonna album was available to save as MP3 just as the album was shipping into store. So ... is this a real hack or a crafty promotional stunt? Maybe it is for real. It now looks like the work of the hacker is a retaliation against Madonna faking files of her new songs on illegal download sites. Fans who came across the Madonna files in places like Kazaa found in many cases they didn't get the song they thought they were downloading. Instead, they got an audio message from Madonna stating repeatedly "what the **** do you think you're doing".

The Madonna.com hacker has left the message "this is what the **** I think I'm doing" and links to downloads of every song off the album in MP3 format. All 11 tracks from 'American Life' were there to grab as of early Sunday just after midnight. However, by morning the site was off the air. If it was a publicity stunt orchestrated from inside then it was clever. If not, someone angry with the original Madonna download strategy went to a lot of trouble. Then again, Madonna is certainly suffering a backlash from her highly emotional, newly discarded anti-Bush video. The attack could be from an irate fan upset by her swaying of opinion and backing down with the release of the video. The lady is a marketing genius. We may never know what really happened. Whatever the case, it got people talking about the album and that can't be a bad thing.

Click here to view the defaced web site mirrored at Zone-H.org

Hard to say whether it was just about Fake Madonna MP3's being floated on the p2p networks, or Madonna's anti-Bush statements or whether the RIAA.org web site was unavailable for a hacking... tee hee..
    I wonder if it was in fact hacked... or if it was a publicity stunt...
    If it was hacked, it would be taken down.
    If it was legit... it would still be up.

Either way... if it was a hacker... he probably did more good than harm because now everyone will be talking about it.

Seeing that she's been having so much trouble lately... it could have very well been thier intent all along..

What do the AOers think?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

IMHO it was lagit, the guys at phrack are takeing credit. It was purely a fake MP3 retaliation as Phrack has had a long history of being anit-anit-pirate. If modanna was posining the well with bad files I can see them makeing sure the correct mp3 existed

It was purely a fake MP3 retaliation as Phrack has had a long history of being anit-anit-pirate
    I'm not too sure bout that though... isn't phrack the ones who mirror this stuff?
    They could just be linking themselves because they got the copy?

I'm not sure that the peoples at phrack would want people to know it was them.
    They've been in enough trouble already...

Maybe someone else trying to make it look like them?

Its all a conspiracy I tell you!

http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements/view/id=232146/

Date/time: 2003/04/19 15:38

Defacer: ?

Domain: http://www.madonna.com

Mirror: ./defaced/2003/04/19/www.madonna.com/

IP address: 205.147.4.205

System: SolarisSunOS

Web server:

Attack method:

Extra information: special defacement
    According to Zone-H, the attacker is not known...
    Which leads me to think that phrack are just the ones who found/mirrored it.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    "The lady is a marketing genius. We may never know what really happened. Whatever the case, it got people talking about the album and that can't be a bad thing."

The above sounds kinda fishy... especially the part that says: "We may never know what really happend". Hey just look at some of the lame things MTV & MGM did with their sites to promote crap.

i can think of a dozen reasons why someone would want to deface her sight but none of them would include the distribution of her material. I think it was her group trying to make her traitorous songs appear more desirable. Oh! That’s right! she didn’t release her really contemptable material in this country out of respect for our troops. No she just released it to the rest of the world to foster understanding of Americans... Anything for a buck.

It was either that or the dixie chicks. We all know what a bunch of kidders they are
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

She has always taken some risks in her career so I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a stunt or something. Through all the risks shes made she still managed to keep her fans but I have a feeling that this stunt probably has backfired harder then the rest mainly because everyone is tried of all the "anti" stuff.... except maybe this site but this place is more constructive then all those whiney little rich peaple.

Personally I think that all the hype peaple are surrounding around MP3s and P2P networks are actually inspireing more and more peaple to go out and take what they want.

...and the more people take what they want the more restrictions they are free to impose upon us. So whos purpose does the hype serve and with all the press about cd sales being down and file-sharing they never mentioned that a boycot is going on.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

No way to know for sure if it was really marketing or not. But i hate her anyways so i hope it was a real hacking.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

You can see Madonna's "What the **** you think you are doing?" here

http://www.celebrityrants.com/sendca...eb_madonna.php

LoL

Is that what she really uploaded?! Or is that just a joke?

Either way... funny!