Thread: Graphics problem

Graphics problem

I am having problems with my diablo 2 game. I start the game and go past the first two intro screens. Then when i get to the main screen where you select single and multiplayer ect.... and the screen is black i can hear the back ground music playing but i cant see anything if i click around i can here the buttons in the game being click but still i cant see anything.

I am running a amd board forget which. i have a 450mhz processor, the lastest version of directx, ati 3d rage pro apg x2 video card, sound blaster 128.

when i run test on direct 3d it fails everytest direct draw fails sometime and at others it passes just fine dont recall the drect 3d test error but the step missed in direct draw is step 21. I am currently running in direct draw mode. And still have the same problem i had the problem fixed for a few minutes yesterday then back to acting up.

I also have latest video drivers.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I noticed you said you have the latest drivers for your video card, but have you checked to see if there are any updates for the actual game itself. This happend to me one time and the problem was the person's server whom i connected to was running the latest version of the game and all i needed to do was update mine. Hope that helps.

Yeah I got the lastest patch and stuff from blizzard.com. Wierd thing is this game use to work on this same system. Have any other idea's that might help.

Yes..Let's see, try hitting some of your F 1-12 tab's i know in some games hitting F7 i believe will turn things like sound off and on, and like F12 will take screenshots in some games. Other than that i probably wont be of much help..I know there are some AO'ers here that are gamers and will follow up nicely though.

<edit> spelling.

I've had problems similiar to that in different games. The problem that I had my monitor resolution was to high or I had set the game video resolution to a wrong level. Play with those and see what happens. If none of that works then back up your save game files and reinstall the game.
    =

Yeah, like cheyenne said, I had the same problem to. . .my problem was that I had my min res set above 600*800 in windows so the game didn't think I could support the res it was looking for.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I've had problems similiar to that in different games. The problem that I had my monitor resolution was to high or I had set the game video resolution to a wrong level. Play with those and see what happens. If none of that works then back up your save game files and reinstall the game.

I agree with this statement. I was an avid medal of honour player and one time i had the same problem. I tried everything including the suggestions within this thread, the only thing i was able to do to fix it was back up my saved games and reinstall that sucker. That was obviously a special circumstance though.

by the latest direcx drivers i can assume you mean directx9
    did you only recently upgrade to DX9, maybe diablo 2 doesnt like directX9
    i found this problem with worms armageddon, runs fine before putting DX9 on the system and now doesnt run at all with DX9 installed, my system is relatively new but that shouldnt really influence what happens much

what o/s are you running? if it happens to be XP, which by your system i doubt a little, but it if is it could be a smiliar problem to the GTA3 bug which was caused by the o/s and not the game, if its only just started doing this and you havnt changed anything at about the same time you started seeing the problem, you may have contracted a virus or some other nasty that is creating hell for your system with this game

considering it seems like you play the multiplayer a fair bit its likely to be this or something simliar