Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: copy controlled cd: Ben Harper's latest

never use the word can't. and when someone else says can't, see it as a fence and not a wall. you may snag your jeans trying to get over it, but you'll be on the other side.

for future reference... MD's should only have recording issues like that if using the optical cable for transfer. if you go to RadioShack or BestBuy they have like a 4 or 5 dollar 1/8" to 1/8" cable to go from a headphone out to the line in on the MD. Not as high quality as the optical cable, but MD's usually play really quiet anyway, so you shouldn't notice a huge difference.

just my 2 cents. i was always really into audio stuff, so questions like this are great to see.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

If all else fails get a P2P, Gnutella client maybe Bearshare or the dreaded Kazaa and download the tracks in MP3 format. This would circumvent the need for 'cracking' the CD.

To justify what I've just said...you think about it, If you own the tracks already and you download them in Mp3 formatt for backup or minidisc or In Car use then your not really hurting record companies, breaking the law.

I know copyright is not quite as straight forward as this and the legalities are many but you can see where I'm going........
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?