Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE USB A-KEY(tm)

What is this usb a key? What is it used for?
    Oh, and thanks for the info, I figured it was a scam, and didn't bother clicking it. That'll teach me to be so skeptical.

I applied for one, just hope I didn't open the flood gates of spam and junk mail.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Very Cool! I just orderd mine, I will reply whenever I get it.
    Thanx dac0braman

Originally posted here by linuxelite
    What is this usb a key? What is it used for?
    Oh, and thanks for the info, I figured it was a scam, and didn't bother clicking it. That'll teach me to be so skeptical.
    The Authenex A-Key

The A-Key™ is a house-key sized USB token that serves as the platform for the Authenex suite of strong (two-factor) e-security applications. It may be used for certificate storage (optional), but the unique benefit of the A-Key is its on-board CPU and its use of 128 bit .AES (Advance Encryption Standard) to communicate directly with the various e-security applications available through Authenex.

Features and Benefits

Secure Design - The patent-pending chip aboard the A-Key is hacker proof and will fail if removed from the board.
    Non-Duplicable - An assigned Electronic Serial Number and a randomly (or administratively) generated 4096-bit shared secret ensure that each key is unique.

Safe and Easy to Use - The user's password is never transmitted over the network or recorded in a central depository. The transition for users is simple - as it is just like using and ATM card at your local bank.

PKI-Ready - The A-Key carries a 15KiloByte (KB) password-activated memory area that can be used for securely storing private keys and certificates.

Product Specification

Operating System(s):
    Microsoft® Windows® 98, Me, 2000, and XP

On-Board Security Proccesors:
    AES Advanced Encryption Standard

Casing:
    Injection molded plastic, tamper evident

Connector:
    USB (Universal Serial Bus) TYPE A

Dimensions:
    50 x 16 x 7 mm (1.97 x 0.63 x 0.28 in)

Memory Size:

Weight:
    4.7g

Hope this will help you if not have a look at this link

if you need any more help just ask by this post (of which I have subscibed to)

I would be pleased to help at any time

DaC0braMan

I just signed up for one as well. Hope they don't mind shipping to Canada This would work great on my laptop...
    Curtis

it's proably a plug - in trojan

j/k

omg - that last sentance was just a joke, so why have ppl given me negative anti points for it !!!!!

will this thing keep working? It says thats its a demo...Idony wanna get it if its only going to work for a few weeks! Thanks

i think the key is fully functional piece of hardware, but they also send you out a cd with info about thier products *i think*

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    I clicked on their banner ad here on AO and applied for my free key 3 or 4 weeks ago. I haven't gotten so much as a confirmation email yet so its sort of in limbo. Hopefully it will just magically appear on my doorstep one day soon.

a few ppl have been waiting a while for them and others have got theirs so it seems that they do arrive................................someday !!

What more can you expect.........ITS FREE