Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Downloads in Internet Explorer

Multiple Downloads in Internet Explorer

Guys,

Here you have a registry entry to "fix" the "problem" of Internet Explorer that only allows 2 consecutive downloads at the same time. It's really not a problem, it's how Microsoft made it, but with this file you can have at least 50 downloads simultaneously. It's just a little thing that maybe some of you know about it but maybe some of you don't, and it could be very helpful sometimes. It worked for me with Windows XP and IE 6.0 but it's supposed to work with any version of IE and Windows. Just unzip the file, double click the new unzipped registry file, click OK, and reboot your PC.

Take care,

DKRR

Thanks Dark Raider! I have been looking for that registry fix for awhile now. I saw it on an episode of TSS ,however, i lost it because i rewrote over my backup disk, and when i went back to find the patch i was unable to locate it.

Thanx very usefull! I've been wondering why I couldnt do more than two at a time...
    101010 = The answer to liff the universe and everything...

Awesome! Like alway's Thanks Dark Raider
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

thanks- but why in the world would you need to be downloading 50 things at the same time?
    -the hour has begun, your eyes are now opened-

I do I do! I just thought it was something with the server, like it would limit you to two connections at once type of thing. Man, wonderful DaRK!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

just wanted to check before i ran the file, has every1 that has run it been ok? No malicious registry changes?

Thanks!

and here I have just been being patient and just waiting

Thanks for the time saver!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

How bout that...

All this time, I've been opening several IE windows.
    It is by default 2 downloads per IE window...

So, with this .reg tweak you can get 50 downloads per IE window?

I'd test it, but I just don't have the patience.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

just wanted to know if the file is what it said it is, so has any1 tried d/l more than 2 things at once???