Using WindowsTime in Win2k

Thread: Using WindowsTime in Win2k

Using WindowsTime in Win2k

I had always disabled the windows time service because I didn't see any obvious way to configure it and I was frankly too lazy to go find how to do it; however, on a couple of systems the time was very important and I was required to get it working.

Courtesy of

Start -> Run -> RegEdt32

Delete value Period

Add Value: Period (REG_DWORD)
    0 - once a day
    65535 - once every 2 days
    65534 - once every 3 days
    65533 - once every week (7 days)
    65532 - once every 45 minutes until 3 good synchronizations occur, then once every 8 hours (3 per day) [default]
    65531 - once every 45 minutes until 1 good synchronization occurs, then once every day

Change Value: Type
    Set to 'NTP' (It is probably NT5DS)

Add Value: NtpServer (REG_SZ)
    Set to 'Your_timeserver_here'

Add Value: ReliableTimeSource (REG_DWORD)
    Set to '0'

Control Panel->administrative tools->services

stop/start WindowsTime

(you might have to enable it if you disabled)

There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Finaly someone figures it out! Ive been wondering how to do that also without having to get some stupid program that just sits in the system tray and anoys me. Very usefull post(atleast to me)! Thanx nebulus200!
    101010 = The answer to liff the universe and everything...