Thread: I can't DOWNLOAD!!

Angry I can't DOWNLOAD!!

For the past serveral days I have been unable to download anything online. I have aol as an internet provider but I've also tried to download off of internet explorer and still no luck,so I assume that it is a problem within my computer. I checked my internet options but everything seems to be fine. And I know its not just a specific site because I have tried many, and I am able to download off of Kazaa. I ran virus scans but no luck, and I can't download anything to help my computer,so I ask for your help. If you have any clues they are all welcome. I thank you in advance for al your help.

Banned
    Hummm.... have you tried checking your firewall yet??? It might be causeing some problems with the connections &/or file transfer.

You could also try to maybe go down one notch on your modem connection speed.Sometimes the highspeed connections have problems with bad connections via your phone lines.

Sorry about this but I forgot to mention that you could also try and reduce your transmit and receive buffer.Hope it helps.
    Practise what you preach.

Try going into your internet explorer properties and checking the security setting, my be set too high and then downloads are disabled. I can't advise for Aol, as I haven't used Aol since it came on floppy diskettes.

Thanks,
    PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Thumbs up Other suggestions

Try these settings.

If you use proxy make sure its set for ftp as well as http

if not make sure your firewall is allowing ftp connections. ( alot of downloads use ftp)

If your using aol try your internal aol settings.

Also note that if your phone number is withheld when you dial sometimes aol plays funny man and doesn't allow e-mailing or ftp.

Try Spybot. It may find something causing the problem
    www.security.krolla.de.

I had the same problem about a month ago, somone may be flooding the server you are on.

Just a simple advice:

Try to connect any available ftp server on the net using a shell/MSCMD (e.g. ftp://ftp.anchorcon.com )
    If you don't even get the login input on screen that's mean that all FTP packets are dropped somewhere (ACL or firewall).

good luck!
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Talking

Check if it works on an other server.

This one is free (accept for you're local telephone ticks) and legal...

number:0676000099
    Name: gamepoint@gamepoint.net
    Pass: gamepoint