Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Web Site.

Talking New Web Site.

O.K Guys,

I'm nearly done and after much copying from other sites and collecting the spam you all forwarded me I reckon I have my hoax page nearly complete.

I notice that the free host I have uploaded to does have a popup on every page and an advert at the top but if enough people like the page I will pay the $6 a month and have them removed.

Anyhow check it out and report errors to me please guys.

http://itdepartment.0catch.com

i hope you can take some helpful criticism, but i would suggest you get help with designing your web page if your going to spend the cash to host it per month, as it is very basic and noobish at present.

First off, get rid of the yellow and bland text, and try to construct the data in a manner not so, well boring !!

Content is good though and it will be good once the changes are implemented - good job

Good Luck !!

It's kinda good...but I think that it wont interest many webpepeps. Maybe you should make it a little more...entertaining/interesting...
    But the languge is readable and...ok.

In all words, I'm saying nearly all that the person above me said.
    Work on the design. (No freshness, nothing unusual)
    Hope you gonna do fine!!!!!
    Don't be offended.
    )))therearenolimitsnothingisimpossible(((

Talking Criticism Welcome

Thats what I want.

I left it blan and basic so that It could be used as a link on other pages without using highly customised colours etc.

I didn't use any fancy java etc because some people don't have it enabled.

I am hoping to put in a search page. any other suggestions / criticisms welcome.

Please no criticism about the banners etc as they belong to the host and will be removed when I pay.

When in Doubt, Don't Send It Out.
    hmm I could add that to my email sig as well as the URL 4 ur hoax page..

the info looks ok...

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Talking LOL

I was just looking through some of my first attempts and found this from 19 canteen.

http://computerservices.8m.com/games/Games1/index.html

Retro Games are always good.

Ignore dead links because its an old page

I like the page, and I think it has a lot of good information as you get deeper into the site. I'm going to post it to a forum I regularly go to that has a section devoted to hoaxes on it.

Can I suggest, if you have the oppurtunity, to try rebuilding your site in Dreamweaver. I've just started using it recently and so far it's been very professional.
    No place like 127.0.0.1

I have a new hoax for u: the SARS.
    A virus is hidden into a mail about the SARS health crisis.
    read
    http://fpeng.peopledaily.com.cn/2003...4_115714.shtml
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Hmm, I do not think hoaxes and related information should be considered a design contest of sorts. People want information not eye candy. One thing I would change is the bright yellow to white but then again, that is just me.

I will also post the link to mah site.

Good going mate.