ip address

Thread: ip address

ip address

how do i get someones ip address if im in a chat room like yahoo if i am running windows 98 os
    pyro

There isint really much of a legit reason for that besides reporting them for abuse or whatnot. If its for reporting someone, then look for an email like abuse@yahoo.com or something along those lines, or perhaps a button to report them ( I dont use yahoo much so i dont know exactly how its laid out) If your wanting their IP for other reasons such as "hacking" them, then your asking in the wrong place.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

no the reason im asking is because someone displayed my ip address in a chat room and i was wondering how they got it
    pyro

Its hard to say then, perhaps did they get you to follow a link of some kind? There are lots of various programs out there that can do some odd stuff to Yahoo. I'm no yahoo expert, but I'm sure there are ways, probably involving sutff like the voice chat and webcam features where your IP can be discovered.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Perhaps if you gave them a website that you host off of your computeror if you transferred a file to them then they would be able to know your I.P. But if your talking to them off of a Yahoo IM then they shoud not be able to see your I.P because your go through some of yahoo's servers.

Whenver I've tried looking at IP addresses in Yahoo (It was a friend and I was gonna play a joke on him) All I get are the yahoos addresses.
    =