Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question about Anonymous E-Mailing!

You guys know you do wrong things with what you know
    Really? And how would you know this? While this might apply to some people on these forums, I am a dedicated security professional (whitehat). Do I play with hacks? You bet, but it is on my own test systems, not against live ones. Do I do penetration attempts? You bet, but I have legal permission to do so and only do so at the request of my clients. Have I ever compromised systems? You bet, but they were my own systems. You want to explain to me how this is wrong? I suggest you think a little before you make such broad generalizations.

The point of the forums you ask? Indeed the point of these forums is the spread of knowledge, in particular, computer/network security; however, the aim of these forums is to help people and professionals secure their systems against hackers, to prevent the damage and lost time associated with a compromised systems, a point you apparently have repeatidly missed. If you want to learn how to secure your systems and protect yourself from the ever increasing malevelance of the net, you are in the right place...if you are looking for some ub3r 1337 toyz and someone to tell you how to hack into a system, then you are not...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Ninja Code Monkey
    The point of the forum is to help each other. By telling you to go to google to answer your own question you could say I am helping you learn to help yourself (give a man a fish, teach a man to fish).

And as I said before, there is a big difference between asking for help learning how something works, and asking for a PRE BUILT TOOL as you did which would teach you very little.

Implying that everyone here has done something illegal with their knowledge is silly. As I said before, this is supposed to be a legit security site. As in promoting and helping people with computer security. That doesn't mean this is a place where the 1337 meet or that it's for all the kids to learn how to hack their friends.

Now, if you would like help finding resources to learn how this stuff works, or have legit questions on items you are having problems learning, configuring, coding, etc. then ask away.

If you want to continue asking for tools to haxor your friends, you may have more luck and less flaming elsewhere.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    XPCorpC: You will find a positive goldmine of information here. There are a lot of talented people with an awful lot of knowledge about a vast array of things good and bad. I can, for one say that I have _never_ used any of my knowledge to do anything that I don't have explicit permission to do..... But then again, I am the Manager of Information Systems for my organization with over 650 workstations/servers/routers/firewalls etc...... so I have a bit of flexibility here......

If you read through the forums you will find a trend here. When people are new, (see the date under your name in your posts), and they ask questions in the wrong way or without fully explaining their motives in a clear and sensible fashion you will find that the response from those of us with the knowledge you need is a little "cool" to say the least. Either here or on other security sites we have seen them all - the "how do I hack Hotmail" all the way through to some quite sophisticated social engineering in an attempt to gain knowledge for malicious purposes. However if you continue to read you will see that once you have "gained some credibility" here the information positively gushes in order to help you. In some circumstance you will see people say "I have this information, PM me if you want to see it". That is because it is info that, in the wrong hands, may be damaging and needs to be limited to those persons the informer feels he can trust rather than spreading it all over the site for every little skiddie to see. The informer will then PM the info to those people he trusts and not to those he doesn't.

Let me just say that to date your question and your attitude indicate that it may be some time before anyone PM's you anything.........
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Just out of curiosity, is my understanding of email wrong, what hes asking can't be done correct? Unless ou controled the fake domain (in which case it wouldn't be fake) you cant get the mail to go to a difrent address, correct? Now if you do controll the domain there is a lot of alising you can do, but thats very difrent.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Dead Man Walking
    Just because we have taken the time to educate ourselves or are in the process of said education about computer security does not mean we use that knowledge maliciously. I can not think of a non-malicious use of the answers to the questions you are asking.

There are ways to do it, but it would encompass alot of work.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

I am assumeing it would involve some other attack on the system.. the only other thing i ould figure would only work on webmail unless outlook is worse then I thaught.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Couldn't I just change the Return-Path in Phasma3000 to one of my e-mails? And also, when I use Phasma 3000, It says "Socket Error!" everytime.. can someone tell me what the problem is?

This is the log of what happens, and I get a Socket Error...

220 mc8-f7.law1.hotmail.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.5600 ready at Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:41:47 -0700
    >>HELO mx4.hotmail.com
    250 mc8-f7.law1.hotmail.com Hello [65.32.101.176]
    >>MAIL FROM:<Hotmail>
    250 Hotmail@mail.hotmail.com....Sender OK
    >>RCPT TO:<psychicmic@hotmail.com>
    250 psychicmic@hotmail.com
    >>DATA
    354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
    *** SOCKET ERROR!! ***
    \"Say When.\" - Doc Holiday

Heres some link for ya.

Bunch of anoymous e-mail stuff
    http://www.stack.nl/~galactus/remail...dex-cpunk.html

Web based anoymous e-mail
    http://anony.co.uk/

Originally posted here by XpcorpC
    Couldn't I just change the Return-Path in Phasma3000 to one of my e-mails? And also, when I use Phasma 3000, It says "Socket Error!" everytime.. can someone tell me what the problem is?

This is the log of what happens, and I get a Socket Error...

you could do that but then it wouldn't be anon would it. it owuld have your return path listed. As for the socket error, I would venture a guess that its bucause hotmail dosn't have an open relay.