Thread: Your opinion of this class, HOTT's Advanced Comp Sec

Question Your opinion of this class, HOTT's Advanced Comp Sec

Before dropping $2095 of my employer's hard-earned cash, I'd like to know if this is worth it.

Has anyone taken this class? Opinion of any classes from this company?

Advanced Computer Security Administration Courses.

http://www.traininghott.com/Courses/...ng-Classes.htm

Excerpt: "Specifically, this course presents comprehensive procedures for securing hosts, designing and implementing a firewall infrastructure, setting up Intrusion Detection Systems, performing post attack forensics, and performing risk analysis. The course also deals with cryptography, data recovery and security policies. This is an advanced class; students who are not yet familiar with fundamental authentication techniques and security procedures should attend the Computer Security Administration course instead. "

Thanks!

Myk
    Looking for classes in Austin...

you know it seems to cover very broad topics at once. i would highly recommend a class specific to your needs like windows specialization, etc... i've never heard about the company, but you should also look into SANS GIAC courses, i heard that they were excellent (my friend is one of the teachers, although i have been lazy to fork the cash).

-w0rm3y

True, true. I've already got a handle on some of the topics. It did provide some "fillers" though. I am actually looking to go into more depth in web security/pen testing.

When SANS comes to Austin, I'll be all over it.

Thanks for the input.

Ninja Code Monkey
    The sans training is pretty good. i've done the GSEC training and cert online and reccomend it. I've seen quite a bit of the intrusion detection training and it is pretty good too. Currently I am getting work to send me off to DC for at least a day or two of SANSFIRE and get me the online hacker exploits and incident handling class.

As for the training mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I've never gone through them yet.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X