how does a normal user get ADMIN ACCESS?

Thread: how does a normal user get ADMIN ACCESS?

Banned

how does a normal user get ADMIN ACCESS?

hey i've been wondering is there anyway to bypass linux security?
    i mean for a normal user to get a root password?

i thought of one way... sending an exe file to an administrator which does simple (love calculator or something... which also has a stdin packet sniffer which records all stdin to a log file OR automatically emails me...) but is there any other way?? besides this?? btw the linux version i'm trying to get into is REDHAT 8.0
    Share on Google+

lol ok your question is VERY general there are lots of ways to get admin access. however Linux is a bit of a trick since its quite different from your windows machine.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    yes i know its general, but my local unix group server has just been hacked and the hacker somehow mnaged to obtain the root password and meddle around. so in order to prevent it from future mishaps. i need to know what ways there are to do so and how to prevent it...
    Share on Google+

Banned
    %-<|> Install it on UR box
    Share on Google+

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by blurry2000
    yes i know its general, but my local unix group server has just been hacked and the hacker somehow mnaged to obtain the root password and meddle around. so in order to prevent it from future mishaps. i need to know what ways there are to do so and how to prevent it...
    Preventing it..... That's easy.. Just re-install from original media and keep it up-to-date.
    Finding out what happed is the tricky part. This is why security folks get paid so much
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    Share on Google+