Free email hosting provider

Thread: Free email hosting provider

Free email hosting provider

i own a domain for my group and i am the webdesigner and founder of the i heard that provides free email system i was rejected...
    so please i need a site which can provide free email system for my group so that everyone can have i heard of but it also ask for money and i cannot afford it and nor i can afford more space.
    so please send me if u have any or post ur reply

This isn't really the right forum for this....

Anyways... i suggest running your own sever. This would depend entirely on your connection though.. I have DSL and am using MailEnable (Available here ) on Windows XP. If you have a *nix box on a dedication connection, then just run an smtp server (sendmail, qmail) and a pop3 or imap server...

On my DSL I host 2 domains email accounts and have no problems..... Right now my uptime is sitting at 19 days.... last downtime was for a hardware update... so it can be rather stable.

if you can find a site offering free mail service with a email adress of your choice, you will get a lot of advertising. use as HTRegz said your own mail server. the cheapest way is linux with sendmail.
    if you want a great email server try visnetic mail server. BUT if you can by yourself this server (a good one...) then you can afford a mail account at
    \"Knowledge is the Real Power\"

Seeing that you own a domain you could just as easily download a smtp/pop server software and set up your own mail server that way you can have all mails going to and will be processed by your mail server. If you have a few computers you could set one up spasificaly for handleing mail then at your DNS add a MX record pointing to your server. I like argosoft mail server as it is easy for beginers,

theres a free non-comercial home version but if you are a busness you will need to purchase your copy, and you will get more features and controll that way.

I have a dns record at and whenever mail is sent to My mail server will "pick up the phone" so I didnt need a MX record.