Thread: Case-Moding

random question- does anyone know if they make "switches" for cathode lighting for a case mod? i've got a really bright 12" blue cathode light in my case that i'd like to turn off sometimes, but still have the computer on.. is there a way to do this without having to reach in the computer and unplug the thing? a program i can put on the desktop, mebbe?
    -the hour has begun, your eyes are now opened-

Senior since the 3 dot era
    I know Melvine (a Belgium case-modding kits manufacturer) produces a dimmer that can adjust fan speed or up to 2 CCFL'S (Cold Cathode Lights)
    it's the mc-001 Rheokit
    you can dimm your lights with that little tool but it's no real on/off switch
    Although those switches surely exist:
    Some CCFL kits come with an ON/OFF switch, and you can buy they seperate too.

You can control both your fans and your CCFL lights with a Rheobus from Sunbeam
    You probably need a special extension cable to the inverter to use the Rheobus and CCFL's together. Check their website:

I hope this helps you

when it comes to switches radio shack is your friend....anything that can be used in a car (12vdc) can be used in your computer. you have to pay a little more attention with lights though b/c they can draw many amps if it's a big one.
    U suk at teh intuhnet1!!1!1one