Thread: New Version of LineStrip

AO Ancient: Team Leader

New Version of LineStrip

Being the pushy bugger I am I wrote to lexacorp asking if they had plans to add a command line interface to their LineStrip program that I mentioned before here . Well, the chap that programs it replied that he would put it on his list of things to do and then the next day sent me a new version saying he had got a bit ambitious. It works fine and he has put the new version on his web site. I highly recommend this program for stripping out lines of text that interest you in big text files.

Now the command line interface works I have written a script that manages my logs nightly, splits out files of specific types of activity that might interest me and write and email me a report that is waiting for me in the morning when I get to work. Cuts an hour or two off my day every day.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I have to say thay I have used this little util since you first mentioned it. It is wonderful for quick and dirty searches through log files. LineStrip is certainly worth having around. Thanks again for the update.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Hoss: Yeah, I use it numerous times daily - it's one of the neatest utilities I have found. Now you can script all those big jobs you do......

As I told Stuart the programmer, great work and an amazing response time.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides