Thread: Nessus Prob

Nessus Prob

Hi guys/girls,

I am trying to set up nessus but something went wrong.

# /usr/local/sbin/nessus-mkcert
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Creation of the Nessus SSL Certificate

This script will now ask you the relevant information to create the SSL
    certificate of Nessus. Note that this information will *NOT* be sent to
    anybody (everything stays local), but anyone with the ability to connect to your
    Nessus daemon will be able to retrieve this information.

CA certificate life time in days [1460]: 1460
    Server certificate life time in days [365]: 365
    Your country (two letter code) [FR]: AU
    Your state or province name [none]: none
    Your location (e.g. town) [Paris]: Brisbane
    Your organization [Nessus Users United]: Nessus Users United

And then I type "enter" and I've got this error"

An error occured while generating the certificates and/or keys !

Do you want to save openssl output in a file for further analysis ? (y/n) [y] Where should I save this file ? [/root/openssl-output]

Press [ENTER] to exit

#

Why error? what went wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Annya
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Did you have a look at the openssl output? Is your openssl version up to date?

Heya Angel. Maybe you are having a problem similar to that of thehorse13 here . I am not sure what versions of Linux and Nessus you are using, but it sounds like you may be having the same sort of trouble. This was also addressed on the Nessus list. It may be a good thing for you to subscribe to it in the future - although, I must admit, it is very high in traffic!

Hope that helps.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I can tell you that the 2.0.3 build of nessus had OpenSSL issues with RedHat 9. I posted a work-around as seen above but I still had some wierdness none the less.

The version of nessus and the version of Linux will be most helpful. I can tell you that my issue was addressed in the latest version of nessus (2.0.4).

Hope this helps!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hi,

Thanks guys I am using same version as Thehorse13 (nessus-2.0.4) . I think I am going to try old version it might be works

Cheers

[edit]I installed nessus-2.0.4 on my FreeBSD 4.8 laptop and yupe ownsleftfoot...my openssl already upgraded but still have same problem [/edit]

i hate to say this, but so many program that i use were broken on rh9, i actually had to revert back to rh8 but didn't do the up2date for openssl and everything seems to be working. and i upgraded versus fresh install. my friend in germany is working on this, but haven't heard back yet.

as you can see i have lots of time to do this at work

w0rm3y

Hi,

I've already solved this problem by myself , What I've done is I rebuild my kernel and turn on "device for bpf" and now I am using Nessus 2.05 and I tried Nessus 2-04 too...and I don't have problem with that , which is cool..

Cheers