Thread: Why allow them to be hateful?

Why allow them to be hateful?

I dont care about the antipoints one way or another, but i think when you assign an antipoint you should'nt be able to send a message with it. I dont know if its because im female or whether or not some people are just plain buttholes, but i get messages like these that are quite offensive.

Do you have something to offer? Or did I miss something?
    Anyone who reads that knows that this person assigned this out of jealousy or something, and to whomever wrote that, believe me im just a geek like you so dont worry.

I think if you have to say something childish like this, you should be man/women enough to do it through a PM, and not while assigning points. Maybe i am just sensitive, but this is my opinion on that.

If this was posted prior then i apologize.
    Now get off your bum and download it! www.linuxISO.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, a report APs might be worthwhile. That one isn't that offensive but I have seen or heard of some truly offensive ones and those might violate the Terms of Usage (or whatever policy). I've have had a few, most of which I just ignore. But I could see it as being more offensive that is truly needed.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Actually, a report APs might be worthwhile. That one isn't that offensive but I have seen or heard of some truly offensive ones and those might violate the Terms of Usage (or whatever policy). I've have had a few, most of which I just ignore. But I could see it as being more offensive that is truly needed.
    I admit that one isnt that bad. The thing i was really trying to get at, is that i think you should not be able to post a comment with the AP's. I think if you want to discuss the reason/comment for the AP assignment it should be done through a PM.
    Now get off your bum and download it! www.linuxISO.com

the antipoint system is way to easy to abuse thats why people do it i get negs all the time saying dumbshit there must be a better way to rank members here than the antipoint system and another thing when people get a grey dot i dont think its fair that they need to see the "pain in the ass" message maybe that should be removed as well
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

When I assign antipoints to a post, good or bad, I usually try to give an explanation why I have assigned them. Everyone should do so.

I think it would be pretty pointless to assign red if you cant tell the person what s/he posted that you disagreed with.
    There is always users who abuse this. why not ignore them? Just as you ignore users on other forums or on IRC that are acting like idiots.

I for one like the AP system. I havent seen another forum yet that has as little spam and "stupid" posts as AO has.

I think if you want to discuss the reason/comment for the AP assignment it should be done through a PM.
    Now the way it is now, is very convinient, IMHO not many would go through the trouble to first assign an AP and then write a pm.

Just my two cents.
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.