Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Handle (Username)

Change Handle (Username)

ok,

im one of those people that if they change something, they have to change everything to suit it. now in this instance, my email handle is the same as my antionline handle.

so if i was to change my email address, i would want to change all my handles for other sites. AntiOnline.com for one.

so i was pondering (not wondering) if it was possible for someone with admin rights or the permissions needed to do this, if i can change my handle for this site. then i could post a thread notifying people.

hopefully this is possible, if not. can someone let me know and if it is can they do the same

thanks,

[in transition]
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

TN123,

There's a section in the FAQs where it says:

"...Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that that we change your username, but we will require a very good reason to do so..."

I think you MUST contact the site owners to see what they can do for you.

Good luck,

DKRR

ok, thanks DKRR, so how is the site owner now? jupman media i know but who exactly would i contact?

thanks again
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Banned
    Actually, that citation from the site FAQ was from JP's time.

Somehow, I don't think the new owners/ops will change the name.

Also, changing aliases would become a problem here on the board due to the flamewars, spammers and whatnot trying to cover their tracks and start a new problem with a new name.

The only way you can change your name is by sacrificing your post count and greenies and create a new account.

Sorry TN123....

hmm, im not trying to dog outa some flame war... cause i said i was gonna post a thread declaring my new name etc.

in any case, does anyone know who i could contact just to see if i can 'persuade' some of the moderators/ops
    ----Homer J Simpson----

There's a section in the FAQs where it says:

"...Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that that we change your username, but we will require a very good reason to do so..."
    The only way you can change your name is by sacrificing your post count and greenies and create a new account.

Im sure you all remember that's what i did a few days ago "uberhacker" lol, i could of thought it out a little better but as he pointed out "its yours for life". This is one way of doing it all be it a stupid one, but one none the less.

They negged me hard, but still didnt manage to ban the account.

This is one way of doing it all be it a stupid one
    all be it
    i think the word you are looking for is Albiet hehe. but apparently that is the only solution... its really hard though cause i worked hard to get to where i am now and alot of respected memeber know me..some of them personally.

maybe i can wait until i talk to the elders and see what they say.

thanks anyway guys
    ----Homer J Simpson----

i think the word you are looking for is Albiet hehe. but apparently that is the only solution... its really hard though cause i worked hard to get to where i am now and alot of respected memeber know me..some of them personally.

maybe i can wait until i talk to the elders and see what they say.
    Well its not the antipoints/post- count that make you who you are TN123, its the substance of your post. You could always just PM all your buddy's and let them know about the name change.

Yes albiet is not a word i typically use/lol.

i will have to think about it...long and hard
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Banned
    hmm, im not trying to dog outa some flame war... cause i said i was gonna post a thread declaring my new name etc.
    I never insinuated that your motive was to remove a label against yourself. I'm just saying for a general consensus that having the ability to change aliases could cause a problem later with other users.

I always liked you (not that way.... get your mind out of the gutter )

Just think about all the people suffering from negative antipoints who could change their aliases? (although at that point it doesn't really matter, eh?) or people who has a high stature and begins to frustrate people with loose tongues and wants to change names to "hide" (ie: who remembers FreeOn?)

Just thinking of the negative side to the ability......
    Not putting you down....

Why not do something like Prince and create an avatar that reflects your new alias?