Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some 1 is trying to steal my AOL account!

Angry Some 1 is trying to steal my AOL account!

Yesterday I was on the internet and I got kicked off and AOL's explanation was "attempt to sign-in biy zigzag8336" wich is the account that I was allready signed in with. And the same thing had happened the day before. Help! what should I do?

change your password once you sign online, and have everyone in your house change passwords. run an AV program to scan for trojans, and if one is found, take care of it. Then change your passwords again.

sometimes aol does just have little glitches, but it's possible that your pword is out there somewhere. if anything, call up their tech people and tell them what's up.

I did change my password and I called AOL but it was this automated thing that was no help.

I ahve seen a lot of password gathering programs for aol. Make sure that your password isn't in your prfile anywhere (you would be amazed how many people use there kids name, or pet name as a password...then put that in their profile) as this is how most of them work (They work stupidly well, lost a $100 bet to a guy because I didn't think he could get more then ten accounts, he ran it overnight and had over 1000). If your account has been compromised check to mke sure a new login under that account hasn't been set up as this is SOP for AOL hackers...they set up a seperate login name so they can dial in when you are on line.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

haha, dont you hate that.

not only do you talk to a machine, but you still get the: "Your call is very important to us, please hold"

ironic, they place a machine to do a mans job and it still has doughnut breaks
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

My password is very complicated, I don't think any 1 could guess it, and I don't even have a profile set up yet.

you have a trojan for sure then, get Sophos if you dont wanna pay for an AV:

www.sophos.com

get the latest definations and scan, then if you find something reboot, scan again, if nothing else comes up, then change your pw's
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I have a copy of PC-cillin 2002 that I have not installed on my computer yet, I'm going to install it and then do a full scan of drive C.
    BTW I had xp on my computer but I reformatted it and put windows 98 on it so, no viruses from the previous computer could have survived, but my point is that I have only had windows 98 on my computer for about a month.

no offense, but your PC-cillin 2002 will do you NO good at all. Its definations are EXTREAMLY outdated, and since it's over a year old, you probably can not get updated definations. Take my advice and download sophos so you can be up to date.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    BTW I had xp on my computer but I reformatted it and put windows 98 on it so, no viruses from the previous computer could have survived, but my point is that I have only had windows 98 on my computer for about a month.
    This is not always the case unless you do a low level format of the drive. A good tool for this is GWSCAN freely gotten from either Western DIgital or Gateway. All you do is dump it on a bootable floppy and run the utility and select, "Write Zeroes to Hard Drive".

The others are right. Start with helping yourself. Get a quality AV product installed and see what it turns up. If the AV software has issues during install (i.e. it bombs out) then you can say with a good deal of certainty that you have a virus/trojan/worm. If all goes well then I would call AOLs customer service dept and nix the account and/or password.

My two cents....
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden