Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some "Educational" help!

Exclamation I need some "Educational" help!

I want to expand my abilities with computers, of course this would only be for "educational" purposes. I admit im a noob, but if I where to hack into my friends computer (with his apporval) how would I go about doing that??? I mean I can get his ip and all but I realy don't know what to do after that, and Im not interesed in useing virues......The only thing I've ever used was some Sub7 and BO. Anyone want to share there knoledge????

Wink Start Small

A full blown hack is usually a combination of social engineering, tools and knowledge
    with emphasis on the knowledge part.

Search the tutorials forum and enrich yourself with knowledge.

Try looking for information on TCP/IP and Ports.

Its the best place to start on your quest.

If you're a self admited n00b then maybe hacking shouldn't be your first choice. My philosophy has always been you have to learn how to put it together before you can take it apart.

BTW- "using" viruses isn't hacking.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Yea, I do admit Viruses rn't hacking thats y i don't use them anymore.... But I'll take all the knowledge that is thrown at me, thanx for the advice and stuff. If anyone else would like to give me some knowledge plz do!

What do u mean by hack? Gain admin access to one of ur "friend" host? Is that to impress ur buddies?

I've a method to propose, note that there is no magic global way to achieve ur goal. Each hack is specific.

First step: u need to determine what service, software & version there are running. u can ask them or try scanning & fingerprinting method to grab info

Second step: u could have a look on buffer overflow exploits or general exploit related to ur friend host specificity determined in step 1

Be careful u may have big trouble in doing that if it's not for knowledge an experimental. u could lose ur friend, firendship should be more important than challenging...
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

make sure that your friend rids himself of the sub7 and bo clients after you're done. otherwise he's a sitting duck.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

I recommend the download of several e-books and tutorials.
    You'll become more educated under the field.. Hacking is programming btw; it is often confused with the malicious nature of a cracker.

Btw.. BO+Sub7 isn't hacking.. its just script kiddie material..

"I want to expand my abilities with computers, of course this would
    only be for "educational" purposes."

If you are serious and want to improve your abuilities & put your time in
    (not be a cracker or lamer kiddie) learn these languages:
    Perl, awk/gawk/nawk,sed, Python learn tcp/ip if you want any respect
    you'll also want to spend some time developing your own style and
    how you code to make yourself stand out if you want to impress others.

Some suggested Programming and Security books:

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist by
    Allen B. Downey

Learning Python 1st Book &
    Programming Python 2nd Edition
    By Mark Lutz Orielly 2001

Python how to Program
    by Deitel and Deitel, Prentice Hall 2002

This is a great book to order if your just starting
    out in Python or want to learn this cool language.

UNIX Security: A Practical Tutorial.
    N. Derek Arnold.
    ISBN: 0-07-002560-6 (1993)

Halting the Hacker: A Practical Guide to Computer Security
    Donald L. Pipkin
    (1997)ISBN: 013243718X

Maximum Security: A Hacker's Guide to Protecting Your Internet Site and
    Network Anonymous (1997)ISBN: 1575212684
    Maximum Linux Security by Anonymous ISBN 0-672-31670-6
    &Maximum Linux Security Book 2

I got these for a bargain last year at $20 each

Real World Linux Security By Bob Toxen Books 1 &2
    Well worth the purchase this guys been around
    25-30 years if you read his book you can learn
    alot

Secrets of a Super HackerKnightmare, the Knightmare
    (1994)ISBN: 1559501065

I'd suggest learning to play chess if you want to get into
    security it's a great game that can develop your instincts,
    teach you how solve problems and think critically. I've
    been playing since I was 15 and it's been nothing but
    helpful to me.

Good Luck

Re: I need some "Educational" help!

Originally posted here by LiGeR
    I want to expand my abilities with computers, of course this would only be for "educational" purposes. I admit im a noob, but if I where to hack into my friends computer (with his apporval) how would I go about doing that??? I mean I can get his ip and all but I realy don't know what to do after that, and Im not interesed in useing virues......The only thing I've ever used was some Sub7 and BO. Anyone want to share there knoledge????
    If you really want to expand your abilities with computers, especially security, you should look toward studying the field and avoid looking for shortcuts.

I would advise looking into the books suggested as well as the huge variety of other good titles out there. Also the tutorials on this site will be very helpful.
    I also advise visiting some other good security sites and download some of the whitepapers available. Two good sites that immediately come to mind are:
    http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/ and
    http://www.sans.org

Take the time to invest in really studying this field. It is extraordinarily fascinating!

hacking exposed will be an excellent book to start with it takes a very good approach..................it is an excellent book to start with and TCP/IP knowledge in detail is a must for everyone who wants to b a hacket........."internetworking with TCP/IP" by "Douglas E Comer" will be an excellent book to start with
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;