Thread: Antipoints...

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Antipoints...

First off, please understand I'm not trying to whine about antipoints, so if I come across that way, I apologize.

Lately, I've been getting negged, and there has been no comment whatsoever in the comment fields. I have tried contacting the user about their assignments, but nobody ever responds.

So, I had two thoughts:

1. Automatically attach the user's name that is assigning antipoints. This will most likely reduce the number of empty comment fields; if the user knows their SN is going with the assignment, they will probably be more apt to voice their opinion along with it, or not dish out any points at all.

2. (Assuming #1 is not put into place) Borrow from A0L's warning system (heaven forbid) and allow the option of assigning antipoints with your username attached, or anonymously. As with A0L, if the user chooses to assign anonymously, the points would have less value.

Curious what others have to say...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

From the faq:

This assignment will be anonymous, which means that the user will not know that you are the one that gave them positive or negative AntiPoints.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by noODle
    From the faq:
    This assignment will be anonymous, which means that the user will not know that you are the one that gave them positive or negative AntiPoints.
    Noodle-
    I know about the FAQ.
    That's why I posted in site suggestions.
    I'm just proposing a change from the way things are...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

It needs to be anonymous because otherwise people would retaliate and that is not the true meaning of the AP system afaik.