Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AONewsletter #7

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Computernerd22,

By all means, if you want to contribute please do. One of my biggest challenges for the newsletters is not enough articles. This issue happens every time. So believe me, I would be more than glad to have more articles. Anyone can write an article for AO Newsletter and is more than welcomed to do so.

I only ask that a) you don't post it on AO or elsewhere prior to the newsletter being released (sorta takes away the "novelty" of the article b) send it to me in a format I can use (I have both MS Office and OpenOffice).

If you have more questions, just PM me.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Reading the article about war games, I can just say that ur students are lucky to have a teacher as u.

It's a real good idea, actually. I'm planning to give some course into my highschool (I've been graduate 7 years ago) and this War game is a real good exercise. If u don't mind & with your authorization I'll rob ur idea...
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    By all means, use it. I find that too many professors/instructors/teachers rely on the theory (which is important) but forget the hands on. Nothing beats hands on challenge. It makes it more interesting and I believe that students learn a heck of a lot more if they see attacks in process than just listening to what it might be like.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Msmittens...

A great Job.... Especially the one of Zero day exploit and also the last article by you where you train the students to dirty their hands with actual real life scenarios....

I feel this amazing..especially taking into consideration a country I come from.. we have limited resources..and moreover even our academics are focussed more on Theoritical knowledge.....

I envy all those fortunate students who have got this wonderful oppurtunity to dirty their hands and learn great things on securing their infrastructure......

Regards

kalp
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****