Thread: Cracking Tool Company....

Banned

Cracking Tool Company....

Hey All,

Was going through some old stuff and came across this link. It's a software company that creates and distributes cracking tools for various programs (ie: WinZip, Office, MSN, etc...). The tools seem to be effective.

Check it out if you're interested or bored.... or have a legitimate reason (need for app)
    http://elcomsoft.com/prs.html

I haven't downloaded any (demo) programs (yet) to check them out, but it appears that demo versions have limited functions. Thankfully so, this way script kiddies won't have all the tools they need for password thefts.....

I am currently using their "Advanced Office 2000 Password Recovery" product. I have had good success with it, the dictionary attack is very good and quick. The brute force, like any brute force attack will take you some time if the password your trying to recover is over 5 characters. All and all, its not a bad product and I think it only cost a couple hundred bucks.

Cheers:
    DjM

Banned
    How is the demo product? How many features are disabled?

As I recall (and I am getting old and don't remember as much as I used to), it is pretty fully functional, except in the demo, it will only recover passwords up 3 characters long. If you want more, you got to pony up the money.

Cheers:
    DjM