I will change!!!!

Thread: I will change!!!!

I will change!!!!

A Sorry Antionline, and antionline users-Sorry about posting something i don't know about. I did this cuz i WANTED to see your opinion on i wrote, on the trojan horse. And u YOU GIVE ME NEGATIVE ANTIPOINTS. Thanx! Knowin am the niceist Kid out here.

I put a lot of hard into that, considering that i don't know very much about trojan but i tryed my best and u give me negative points. I was so happy with anti when i had 100% positive and i put out a thread, I got a mail from a newbie saying it was good, but the good hackers give me negative Y CUZ I POSTED IT THERE FOR NEWBIES READ AT THE TOP. OK ANTIONLINE AND THE USERS.But i will never post something of my knowledge again. all u give me is negative, I TRYED OK. IF U CAN HELP ME WITH MY PROMBLEM PLEASE POST BACK ABOUT HOW I CAN GET -150 NEGATIVE BACK UP TO POSTIVE...
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, there was some suggestions about your tutorial that you might want to consider. I'm not sure why people negged you as you seemed to have presented fair information that some people would be interested in learning, especially if they are new to security. But if I may put forth a few suggestions:

a) have someone read your tutorials before you post them. I actually did have some difficulty reading it.

b) I know it becomes habit but this isn't necessarily an instant message application. You can take the time to write things out

c) Never give up. Persistence is the key for a community like this. It takes time to get to know people and how things work. Frustration can make it worse.

If you should get banned, you can return in a short period afterwards and try again.

I'm sure there are other suggestions but at this moment these are the ones that come to mind. If you are still concerned after a day or so, send me a PM and perhaps I can find someone to "mentor" you in how to post. This is not meant to say you don't know how but perhaps to help you ease into the community more. It's sometimes easier when someone is there it lean on than when you go it alone.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I have some suggestions.

1. Do not worry about the negative antipoint assignments. It happens.

2. Have somebody proof-read your tutorials. When something is hard to understand, people tend to think it is a sign of low intelligence.

3. There is a lot of unwritten rules here. Maybe somebody should post "AO's Unwritten Rules" that might help n00bs quite a bit.

4. Lastly, groveling and sniveling about being at -150 and all the apologies will only make things worse, albeit in good intentions. You will learn very quickly the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Hope this helps.

The only thing I can recommend, (yes, I did read your tut.) is that
    1. Try writing tutorials on stuff you are really familar with.

2. You stated that you did not research it. (It was confusing, I may be wrong. I couldn't tell whether you stated that you researched or you didn't.) But in case that you didn't research, Please do. It will help your tutorials be more informed, and less messy.

3. As Linuxguy99 already stated. . don't stress the AP's. Just be careful when you post, and you'll be fine.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    There is a lot of unwritten rules here. Maybe somebody should post "AO's Unwritten Rules" that might help n00bs quite a bit.
    Actually, the "Unwritten Rules" were written recently by VictorKaum and posted to the Tutorials forum. Here is the thread .

When I first began posting I went from plus 30 to minus 150 and back to plus 200 antipoints in the course of about a day. Antipoints are fickle and you should not worry about them per se. Sometimes people look for someone to neg just so they can get their antipoint assignment scale back toward the middle.

There are some very good threads within the Tutorials forum - mainly the "Sticky" ones at the top of the list- to help new AO members. If that doesn't help you may want to take MsMittens up on her offer to find a mentor.

Don't sweat the antipoints. Just post good information and helpful replies and you will rebound from that pretty quickly.

Thanks everyone for all your support. I appreciate it. ;-)
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD