Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help? please...

Can anyone help? please...

Hi everyone... i need a big favor from you guys..

if anyone has any info on how to make one or where to get it.. please post... Anything is appreciated thanks...

I am looking for a program that does the following..

sends a 9kb file to my email or ftp from various other computers on a weekly basis...

i.e. this program will autosend the file in the specified directory each week automatically behind the scene of the computer. The user must only load this program once to work... after that it should work auto... kinda like loading up in run services.. and sending out the same 9kb file repeatedly to an email or ftp on a weekly time basis...

I need this so that i can automatically recieve these files from anyone who loads the program on their computer... that way they wont send me the same file over and over again each week... and there are gonna be about 20 computers that will have this program loaded so that would be too much trouble...

Thats why i need it to be automated..

So whoever know of a auto file sender... that runs in the computer background...

Please tell me...

THANKS

Wich OS..?

xDrack

You can try Blat out. We use it to send daily/weekly reports that are generated by another third-party application. It works great! You can even add attachments. It has alot of useful functionality. We also put together a batch file that sends a different message using blat to let us know when the report generation failed. You can schedule it to run using the built-in task scheduler if you are running windows.

Hope that helps! There are tons of other applications that will accomplish what you need. You just have to look for them. Have you googled for possible solutions? Take advantage of all of your resources.

Regards,

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

hey

well its for win os... 95 - winXp

also... i looked into blat and it sounds good however.. i need something more basic and smaller in size...

i need something that is just kinda like a file i can send to my other computer... when i load the file it auto sends an email each week with an attached file from that computer..

Thats it.. this is gonna go out to many computers so it has to be very user friendly... just a double click on the program and thats it... that is after its configured to send to a certain mail address... and to send the certain file in the certain directory... etc...

excuse my sinicism, but to me it sounds like the sort of program you would use in conjunction with a keylogger??

can i ask why you need the program to automatically send a file (that could be made with the key logger) to an email address??
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

hey

hey guys i am still looking for a autofile sender... just like the previous post said its simmilar to the functionality of a keylogger... the keylogger can autosend the saved text file... however.. i dont need a keylogger.. i just need a program that i can configure.. to send out a file from a persons computer... that it! im sure someone out their knows how to write something like this in VB or whatever... if anyone can help i would really appreciate it

i need this asap

explanation why i need this type of program.... - - - - - - >

The program does sound like a trojan or a keylogger filesender... however the real reason i need it is for something legit and legal.... I am a organizer of a squad for Delta Force 2 a game made by novalogic... u probably herd bout it... Anyway we need stats from each person after every game they play so we can keep it updated on our site.. and the league we are in... usually people would just printscreen at the end of a game to record their scores... they would then just send those pictures to me to record... however not many people are honest and they will only record their good games.... so we have figured out that the game has a file in the game directory which records all the game records... and we told our whole team that we are gonna have a program soon that will automatically record each game and send the stats to me...

what it really does is just sends us there player sav file from their game directory whic we can know every game the player has playe in... and their whole complete score...

Well I hope u now know why... i didnt want to explain this earlier cuz its too much too explain..

anyway... if someone wanted to make this program for me... i wouldnt mind a disclamer or whatever saying like... opening this file will send out a file from your computer each week... because the people i am sending it to know this will happen...

Googled quickly and found this: "How do I automatically FTP using NT?" http://www.windows2000faq.com/Articl...rticleID=14457 (the solution looks to me that it works for any Windows).

All Windowses (hmm, not actually sure about 95...) have a program called 'Scheduled Tasks' (Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools) built in, so you can use that for the weekly execution.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

hey

Well i took a look at that link but im not sure how that can help??? i mean how do i make that program send files... automatically? how does it work?

their should be something out there that is simple... just open a program configure some type of server file with the info and thats it... u just open the server and it autosends files from the computer each week...

"Took a look" but didn't read it? I don't know how to write it in any simpler way... You will have to have an input file for the ftp (ftp.exe, comes with every Windows) and in there you type the commands needed for the file upload. Then you run that Scheduled Tasks and define a new task to run your brand new FTP-shorcut with a parameter -s:uploadcommands.txt.

I dunno if this program is any help, I just happened to find it: http://www.uploadaway.com/
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

hey

Ok i tried out that ftp program... however there are two main problems with it...

first ! every person who wants me to send their data will have to download that whole program.. then insert my ftp address etc. to make it work... the program is basically just an ftp program.... the only diff is that it takes the whole directory i sellect and upload it automatically...

Second problem is that it wont select certain files.. it will on upload whole directories... so that would take forever because the file that i need uploaded auto is in a game folder... and the game is like 400 Mb!!! so yea that wouldnt work either...

OK OK i dont exactly need an ftp program... its just gotta be something like this... the closest thing i can think of is a trojan or one of those keylogger programs... i will use the keylogger as an example.

some keyloggers will save the logged keys in a text file. Then the keylogger will auto send that file to an email adress or ftp server each time the file is updated.

So i need something like that however... i dont need the whole keylogger program because thats not what it will be used for! i just need some kind of program that will make a configured file. The file that it makes when opened will hide itself in the computers background and send out a file each week. I know it may sound confusing, but its really simple.. im sure someone out there knows how to make some kind of VB program that will hide itself in the computers background and send out the same file from the computer auto each week or so...