NTFSDOS Question

Thread: NTFSDOS Question

NTFSDOS Question

On an NT Workstation box (sp6) I booted from a DOS floppy and ran NTFSDOS. I went to the mounted directory and tried to grab the SAM file but it said access denied. From what I have read, I should have no file access restrictions from NTFSDOS. I am wondering if anyone else has any experience with this or if anyone has any insight. Thanks.

I'm not %100 percent sure about the NTFSDOS diskette, but I know you won't have a problem booting to a knoppix cd and doing it. Goodluck.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

hmmm...why are you trying to get at the SAM any way?
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

hmm,

u have the readonly version of NTFSDOS..

I echo Noia's question
    hmmm...why are you trying to get at the SAM any way?
    Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

thanks, i realized the version that i was using is read-only and doesn't allow copying. i wanted the SAM file to test the security on a network and then wasn't sure if it was secure or if i wasn't using NTFSDOS correctly.