disable keyboard

Thread: disable keyboard

disable keyboard

I'm trying to make a small vbs that disables the keyboard of a win-XP machine, (so I can "block" my machine when I'm away, and I only have to click on an "undo-vbs" to continue working).
    But, as I'm rather new to vbscript, I don't know which function I have to use.
    Is there anyony who can help me ?

greetz.

The Iceman Cometh
    If you want to keep people from using the computer, why not simply lock the computer? That's a lot more efficient than writing a VBS script. Also, if you're really that worried, just unplug the keyboard. Problem solved.

AJ

I'm just interested in vbscript, I know it's not the best method to protect my PC

I found a couple of things... but this one looks promising.

I found this on a message board... but it wouldn't let me link to it. Just returns their homepage... The message board was http://www.developersdex.com

AutoIt/AutoItX is free and can be found here:
    http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

To disable mouse and keyboard input:

Set oAutoIt = CreateObject("AutoItX.Control")
    oAutoIt.BlockInput "on"

Input will be automatically enabled when the script closes if you don't issue
    an off command.

This function will have different effects depending on the operating system
    used:.

Windows 95 No effect.
    Windows 98 User input is blocked but AutoIt is also unable to simulate input.
    Windows NT 4 (Without ServicePack 6) No effect.
    Windows NT 4 (With ServicePack 6) User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate

input.
    Windows 2000/XP User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate input.
    I have not tested it... I'll leave that up to you.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

thanks, phishphreek80 ,I've just downloaded it and took a quick look, and it seems to me that this program will do the job.
    greetz.