Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Exposed Tools

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

Hacking Exposed Tools

I know that almost everyone is familiar with the venerable Hacking Exposed series of books. I also know that many members have posted links to many sites with valuable links and resources. But, for those who may not be aware of the links and tools available on the Hacking Exposed web site I wanted to share this site:

Hacking Exposed Tools

Banned
    great site .. i didnt know about it ... tx

That is a great resource for people.
    I think the book comes with these tools on CD. I don't remember exactly was on it... my collection is growing so fast...

If you have read the book Anti-hacker Toolkit: Key Security Tools and Configuration they have something similar.
    Link to buy.
    Official webpage.
    Download security tools
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thanks. Are the tools reliable? That is trojan-free. I just downloaded Winscan & I am thinking of installing it.

Well... some of these are just scanners, and vulnerablility testers... just about everything for every job. Except for exploits... for the most part.

I have found serveral CDs that come with these books that contain viruses and trojans.
    Not to mention the AO archive... there are tons of viruses in there.

Just make sure you scan whatever you are installing. I have found that all of these tools that are infected will show up in a good virus/trojan scanner that is reliable and up2date.

Oh, you will also find that some of these tools that don't contain viruses or troajns will also show up when being scanned. NAV shows them as "Hacktool"
    Here is a little article about that....

Have phun playing!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I tried WinScan to scan my own IP address & the result gave me a range of IP address like

134.244.169.20 unknown TCP/25 smtp
    134.244.169.20 unknown TCP/110 pop3

& other ranges of IP address which is not mine but I believe is under my ISP. I could not find any explanation from this software so I guess it is useless for me & I will delete it.

Could any firewall or networking expert out there explain to me the results of the above scanning?

Thanks

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Looks like you have a POP3 mail server running and an SMTP server running. And I'd recommend against scanning your ISP. Some ISPs don't take too kindly to that. I'd suggestion doing the scans behind your firewall and within your local LAN.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

nice link thanks.

I didnt know about it either although i have heard of the books. never actually bought one. oh well. thanks for the link.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

the books are great aswell, a must for anyone just starting. only get the latest versions though, as they simply build on the previous editions. I have 1 through 3 and linux and windows 2000, they are great, but only started comming out with CD's on the last few. Another great book by them is the hackers challenge. these may be worth getting the new and old editions, since, of course, their different challenges. As far as I have seen all the tools on their site are the real deal, I always have updated norton AV running and it hasn't had a problem.