Thread: Im Stepping Down

Exclamation Im Stepping Down

Dear all at AO,

This is a notice to all, declaring that i am stepping down from AO. by this i mean that i am turning over a new leaf, and rejoining AO as a new member.

Please note this is not an attempt to dodge any flame wars or anything of the such, just a way to make a new name for myself.

Maybe it is possible for any of you eventually discover who i am. then again maybe not.

I will check in on this account for a few more days, but after that i will leave it forever.

Hope to see you all on the 'other side' :P

Your Friend,

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

be sorry to see you go Trust... gotten used to seeing the walking floppy disk on the boards.... hope the next incarnation is soon

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

i dunno z,

maybe the floppy will return...

like i said, its not to get out of any flame wars... so i might post a thread eventually declaring who i am/was.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Too bad ya can't donate your post numbers. . . haa haa. . I'm morbidly curious to see the addicts forum....Oh well, I will be there in time!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

I know it's not due to flame wars..... but you kinda get used to seeing a name with the avatar... anyway... see ya around
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Z,

when i get the right to have a custom avatar.. i will probably put the walking floppy up again.

oh, and you might wanna check out http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=243295
    ----Homer J Simpson----

oh, and you might wanna check out http://www.antionline.com/showthrea...threadid=243295
    It seems kind of useless to say you're turning over a new leaf and making a new name for yourself when you make it explicitly obvious who you're coming back as.

I think his point is made more clear in thispost.

It isn't that he wants a change of identity, he is just bored with his username, or it doesn't suit his current state of mind. My s/n has changed over the years, I used to have the prefix "Rex," but then I stopped my solipsist tyrade and whittled down to an odd conglomeration of my First and Last name plus an errant J.

I'm going to run into a similar problem with my AIM s/n as it has a reference to my college and my graduation date in it, but as I graduate in two weeks that part of me wil be past.

In these forums any sort of devience from our group's norms is met with serious hostility. It is understandable that someone might want to make clear their intentions as a safeguard against getting nuked off the board by anti-points before they can amke it clear that they name they have just started using isn't a dumby acount that they are going to use to make all negative comments so that they can keep the semblance of respectability.

I probably won't remember who the new incarnation of Trust_Not is anyway, until I see the floppy strutting its stuff.

Ciao,
    Dhej
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel