I have a few site suggestions to make

Thread: I have a few site suggestions to make

I have a few site suggestions to make

I was thinking how can we make AO better in the future.... this is what i thought up

-- WE Need a chat. So people in need for help can go there to talk in real time.
    --We need a place to talk about computers (windows,etc) i guess that u or i that can go into GCC....but...
    --We need avatars that move (meaning not just little pic's of things) instead of going to a web site
    --We need more members ( nothing AO can do) but they can make an Ad.

Well that is all i can think of but all-in-all antionline is the best place. This is my opinion about site suggestion, there is nothing more that you can say about antionline???or can u???

cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hello.

WE Need a chat. So people in need for help can go there to talk in real time.
    There used to be an official chat for AO before it was sold to Jupiter Media. Now the chat has moved to a private server @ irc.yoursincyberspace.com

Since AO now belongs to a company, having an official chat would mean to have an official employee from the company run and manage it (just so the flow of information is not corrupt). I would like the fact of having an official chat, but its not that simple when it comes to companies and anything where money and responsibility is involved.

We need a place to talk about computers (windows,etc) i guess that u or i that can go into GCC....but...
    Have you ever looked at the other forums other than the ones on the main page? There are many forums available. If they dont turn up on the main page, then its either not security related, or noone has posted in them. There is a windows security forum. If you mean a non-security forum for windows, then maybe, just maybe it could be not that bad. Remember, AO is a security related site. Not a PC helpdesk.

We need avatars that move (meaning not just little pic's of things) instead of going to a web site
    There are plenty of avatars that "move". After a certain amount of posts, you get the privelege to create or use your own avatar. The reason why AO does not put effort into its default avatar is that this is not a decoration contest, its a computer security board. But you can use moving avatars.

We need more members ( nothing AO can do) but they can make an Ad.
    LOL, do you have any idea how many members AO actually has.

I would like to add that maybe the idea of actually having non security related forums is not such a bad idea. Maybe not for or on the main page, but a technical help or similar might actually increase the quality of AO, since many respected people on here know alot. That would also help take out the non security related posts from the security threads. I agree with doodz on this one.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Hey instronics and everyone,
    I have to say GREAT post, You showed me stuff i didn't know that was on this site, Thanks a lot. I hope i stay around to talk to you ( neg points but ooooo well ).
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD