Thread: Rom Bios Update

Rom Bios Update

Why my cmos not come out when in turn on my computer.......
    it's only ask for system disk in drive a:\...... and then they ask for ROM BIOS UPDATE......
    what is that....
    is it my computer motherboard is damage?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=213
    All be clear, All be fine, Knowledge is first

Just Another Geek

Re: Rom Bios Update

Originally posted here by pete_black
    Why my cmos not come out when in turn on my computer.......
    it's only ask for system disk in drive a:\...... and then they ask for ROM BIOS UPDATE......
    what is that....
    is it my computer motherboard is damage?
    Hmm. Is this by any chance a Toshiba laptop? It may be your F12 is stuck.

You can also try to give it what it wants. Find a bios for your motherboard, read the instructions and create the floppy. Unfortunately you are going to need another computer to be able to do this.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah, you may need to go to your motherboard vendor's site to d/l the latest BIOS update. This may very well fix the problem. I think I have also seen something like this when the CMOS battery is dying.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Post Upgrade

Well the best thing is trying for an upgrade.... if it doesnt work try everything u can ...
    one of the options is remove the bios battery.. and let the bios refresh(hold for 5 min).....
    I think this may solve the problem

i'll already do everything... but useless...
    when i update .... the message come out "please update your ROM BIOS first"......
    waaaa... i wanna cry..... yelling......
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=213
    All be clear, All be fine, Knowledge is first

I would suggest go to your mother boards vender. They would solve your problem real quick. lmao -Twisted-

Not sure if this is any help..

it may not be your problem.. but then it may be..

Had this on a desktop machine, seems a piece of malware managed to overwrite part of the EEPROM.. keyboard was not active.. seemed the only thing recognised was the floppy..
    loaded a bootable floppy with the BIOS Flash prog and the BIN file for the MOBO (follow the good advice above).. then edited the autoexec.bat so the BIOS Flash would auto execute and load the update file.. 3 mins later working puter..
    you will need to read the instructions on the Manufacturers website very very carefully..or as i have said b4.. you will end up with an expensive curiosity to show your friends..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr