Thread: Virii Hoaxes

Post Virii Hoaxes

ok, just browsing the "Information Super Highway" (yeah right) and i came across this interesting website.

Learn about computer virus myths, hoaxes, urban legends, hysteria, and the implications if you believe in them. You can also search a list of computer virus hoaxes & virus hysteria from A to Z.
    This site is NOT sponsored
    by antivirus companies
    hmm, looks interesting and definately worth the look see. includes how to spot a hoax virus and how to reduce them.

found here

Element_Epsilon

[edit] i wasnt sure if this was the best forum, so if it isnt... but i couldnt find a better one [/edit]
    Ah, yes, divorce......., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man\'s genitals through his wallet.

--Robin Williams

A little while ago, I also found a site that's good for looking up trojan/virii in a thread here .

Thanks for the post!

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yep, there are many places to check hoax info. Like t2k2 has posted, SOPHOS is a good place. www.f-secure.com is another good one. Also, TrendMicro has a good hoax database. www.trendmicro.com

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hate to keep on about it.

I have my own hoax and chainletter site going at the moment.

http://itdepartment.0catch.com

Check it out.

P.S this is on a free host so simply minimise or ignore the first popum and hopefully you shouldn't be plagued by to many more.

Nice site, many details.

Re: Hate to keep on about it.

Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002

P.S this is on a free host so simply minimise or ignore the first popum and hopefully you shouldn't be plagued by to many more.

hehe, or get a real browser like Opera or Mozilla and simply disable pop-ups in the first place

cool site, I'll peruse it a bit. Thanks.

Oh and thanks for the other links too. I usually just try to find information out from one of the big 3 AV companies... but it's always good to find new sources of information.