Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Networked Computers

The Iceman Cometh
    No offense intended to you, TetrisMaster, but why is it that everyone lately has been blaming typical Windows problems on hackers? I mean, yeah, we all know that there are a number of known vulnerabilities and exploits for each Windows operating system, but blaming a simple crash on hackers? Come on... before you start blaming hackers, maybe you should start getting to know and analyzing your systems and fix any software- or OS-related problems. Also, if you do find that there are no Windows or application problems, install a firewall and check for activity. That will give you an instant answer whether the problem you are experiencing is network, or system related.

AJ

TetrisMaster

There's only one solution: Uninstall windows !!

and please do not (I REPEAT NOT) click on this link http://www.tp2.be/Eastwood/ie/main.htm
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Network

Try to get a decent tech in, or Defrag, Scandisk, and check the security access and privledges

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

the_JinX> You are diabolic

TetrisMaster> As a lot of people said before me, it's probably time to clean and check everything in your network.
    But we can't help you more without having better informations. Do you even use a good firewall? Do you even have an admin? Are you the admin?
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Originally posted here by Computernerd22

Lets not get in the dissing of "Microsoft", considering 90% of PCs use Microsoft products!
    Actually, lets, because the other 10% are the ones that count - your statement is something along the line of "Let's not try to get rid of acne, because 90% of people have it!

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Sorry the_JinX, I had to click the link, and bookmark it too... :-)
    Curtis

Arrow

As it turns out we do have at least three firewalls, but I don't really know if they are software or hardware. then again it would problably help.

As it turns out we do have at least three firewalls, but I don't really know if they are software or hardware. then again it would problably help.
    Three firewalls eh? Mind telling which ones?

Problems may occur when you overkill on things (ie. more than one AVKit, more than one firewall, etc.).
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I think we have 2 hardware and 1 software firewalls.
    We also have Windows XP Pro, so I really don't understand what the deal is.