Thread: Security Training

Security Training

I’ve never actually started a thread, so I figured I would finally contribute something back for all the times I’ve taken advantage of the vast knowledge of information security this site has shed on me. I have been taking online security courses from InfoSecU . It has many different levels of courses for beginners all the way up to high-level security engineers. Some of the classes are geared to the non-security personnel, such as end users who don’t see the problem post-it notes and passwords. It is fairly reasonably priced; especially considering most companies will pay for this type of training. I was lucky enough that I got the training free from my company. I think a lot of the classes should mandatory training at any IT company.

Has anyone else taking any of these classes, or tried any other online security training?

http://www.redsiren.com/infosecu/

http://www.redsiren.com/infosecu/

Ninja Code Monkey
    I've done the gsec training and certification offered by sans online. It's pretty good. Currently I'm working on getting my employer to kick in for their hacker exploitation, techniques and incident handling course/cert.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

C.E.H.

I've looked at some of the SANS online courses. How are there seminars?

Does anyone know anything about training or the test to become a Ceritifed Ethical Hacker? And how valuable to have is it to have? I'm interested in learing about Pen Tests and I'm assuming this might be a valuable cert. to have? Any other LEGAL ways to learn about pen tests if you don't have much money to setup a nice test lab?