Another great marketing idea by M$

Thread: Another great marketing idea by M$

The Recidivist

Talking Fate or coincidence

This is in the letters section in the new issue of 2600 magazine. Though ya'll might like this.

Source: 2600 Magazine

Regarding Mirco$oft's aptly named "Palladium," I find their choice of nomenclature extremely intriguing. The New English Penguin Dictionary defines the meaning of palladium as : "something that gives protection; a safeguard." Fair enough. We can see Mirco$oft's motivation behind the naming convention. However, the attached etymology states: "via Latin from Greek palladion, epithet of Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom. The safety of Troy was believed to depend on a statue of Athena" (dictionary extracts edited for brevity).
    So she failed in her endeavor, looking more foolish than wise. It absolutely amazes me that Mirco$oft names their proposed technology after a statue that watched over a city that was famous for its capture by means of a Trojan Horse (according to Greek mythology).
    How ironic! An apparent paradox? Is Mirco$oft building a large hollow horse which it hopes to deliver to unsuspecting Trojans (users) as Palladium? Fate or coincidence? You decide.

Johannesburg, South Africa
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

ah Microsoft ...always coming up with some ideas...

Exclamation an interesting article

The issue of 'Palladium' has me both confused and more than a little worried.

I am only beginning to realise what the world of copmuters offers, and am an intelligent individual, but as I said, am only starting.

I found this article on the Wired News website. It seems to be sort of like a bit of a 'sell job'. Maybe some people may be able to help me better understand the situation at hand. I'm reading all the information that I can get about the proposal, but find I'm just becoming more confused. The need to weed the bull$hit from truth is more than necessary seeing that it is such a monumental change in the operation of computers as we know them presently.

Anyway, take a look and see what you think.

from the makers of win98/win2000/winNT/winXP we bring you the new winTROJAN! hah, It's probibly just a name that M$ forgot to look into? thats the only explination I can put forth right now.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!