DVD problem on windows 2000

Thread: DVD problem on windows 2000

DVD problem on windows 2000

Hi guys/girls,

My dad just installed power DVD software on his computer ( windows 2000) and he have problem with it.
    Every time he want to see movie, he clicked on that "PowerDVD" icon and then suddenly computer reboot by itself. And I tried to pop in DVD movie to DVD drive and then click on the "icon" and the computer just start to reboot..
    Anyone have idea how to fix it?

Thanks for your help
    Not an image or image does not exist!

I had the same issue on my reinstall of PowerDVD on XP after a format.. It used to work fine and then suddenly.. it would reboot my computer. I never did solve the problem. However I found that Zoom Player works fine and it is a decent DVD player.

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

Also for a while I was using FreeDVD Codec with Real Player and that was also working....

If you are unable to find a fix for PowerDVD maybe one of these Alternatives will suit your needs.

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    I had the same issue on my reinstall of PowerDVD on XP after a format.. It used to work fine and then suddenly.. it would reboot my computer. I never did solve the problem. However I found that Zoom Player works fine and it is a decent DVD player.

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

Also for a while I was using FreeDVD Codec with Real Player and that was also working....

If you are unable to find a fix for PowerDVD maybe one of these Alternatives will suit your needs.
    Oh Ok thanks for that info . Did you use the "standard one (free)" or the "prof one".. I hope he can use the free one

I don't think we can fix it ...but who knows ... . I'll try that zoomplayer on his computer.

Cheerrs