HELP!!!! Website fraud
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!! Website fraud

HELP!!!! Website fraud

there is a website www.4ecalls.net . it is a website not run by the company www.4ecalls.com and collects credit card numbers and passwords but provides no service i have emailed there isp www.webhost4life.com but they have told me that nothing is going to be done about this i was wondering what could be done like a blacklistsite or something NOT ASKING HOW TO DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL (just wanted to make that clear)

U could start by alerting 4ecalls admin (Info@4ecalls.com)

[shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

i am 4ecall.com admin and nobody seems to want to do anything about this i was just wondering what other approches i could use

cytex a couple of things you could do

1 Go to your superviser and ask if they'll talk to your company lawyers and see if there is any legal action to be undertaken..

2 Warn your customers (on your website)

3 Talk to the highest person (you get to talk to) in your company about 1 and 2

edit (add)
    4 the (4ecalls) logo and such are possibly protected by copyright laws.. and atleast the usage of your company's name (@ the botom with the all rights reserved) is prohibited in most countrys
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

First I'll make sure that 4ecall.net is not owned by 4ecall
    If not the guy that sets the false site is doing illegal stuff. It's just a swindel because he is using ur logo. Ask ur lawyer for legal contermeasure.

Since ur admin I have some questions:

From the last 2 or 3 years that kinda business grown up but not such as predicted. Anyway in find that subject interesting especially to try understanding what could be the future of phone coms.

They offer a phone service over the internet. Do you have any idea how. VoIP, H323, SIP ...

Before subscribing (I won't anyway, it's just curiosity) such service I would like to have a bit more info:
    1- I read on their site about high QoS, since main ISPs do not support such service they are not credible.

2- On site their is no mention of secured communications.
    Their is 2 main risk Confidentialiy (VOMIT), & free phone access for a remote bad guy

3- Is that only compatible with high data rate uplinks?
    A common VoIP com (without IPsec and ppp compression) use about 25 Kb/s

Does someAOs had use that service & what do u think about it?
    Do u have entire satisfaction(what connection speed do u use)?
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

You could also alert the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.com this site is often overlooked when it comes to businesses but there are a lot of things behind the scenes that happen when you alert them.

BBS, are also a good way to get the info out about a website.

Having looked at the http://www.webhost4life.com/ terms of use it would appear that, they do have the power to do something, but it is at the discretion of "Uni Marketing Alliance, Inc.(UMA)", which is presumably the company behing webhost4life. Since the people running e4calls.net are deliberately commiting fraud they are unlikely to fear legal action. Perhaps it would be a good idea to direct your presure against the company behind thier ISP.

If an account is used unlawfully or is in violation of the user policy, UMA reserves the right to terminate the account without notice and without refunds. Files that violate the user policy are subject to deletion without notice. Clients violating the user policy will be held responsible for damages to UMA, including but not limited to, UMA's systems, servers, connectivity, reputation, business, service, network, operations, or equipment. Determining what constitutes a policy violation is the sole discretion of UMA, and includes, but is not limited to, the following:

ontacted our solicitor and he reckons it will take 3 or 4 months i have contacted the isp the people supplying bandwidth the admin of the website networksolutions i have also repoted to several law inforcment agencys in the us all of wich have basically told me "sorry and will look into it" i have also emailed google as they are advertising thier and i have gotten no responce this has been going on for a while and i dont know what else to do. i am trying to convince my boss to put up a disclamer on my website.

we use voip the quality of the calls is excellent and this area of bussiness is growing massively

has any one got any other sugesstions that i havent done yet coz im getting tired of customers ringing in complaining and i really dont know what else to do .

Google dont advertise on sites but if you pay them the put an ad on theres it comes up as a green box on the side of there site when you do a search i have gooten a little bit of sucsess thanxs to you guys i have shown my boss this thread and he is going to a meeting today about putting up a disclamer on the website a little sucsess thanxs

Not sure if this possilbe, but I guessing that you have the copyright or tradmark to the name "4ecalls", if you dont my idea will not work, but if you see if it possible to take the domian name from them, as you can claim you have the right to own that name and they are cyber squatting.

So speek to the people who are in charge of the domain name for your country (I have no idea how that would be, does anyone else?) and see if can get the domain off them, thus solving the problem.

Like not sure if it will work, but I think it worth a try

SittingDuck
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"

I have emailed networksolutions they told me they would look into it that was a MONTH ago nobody seems to want to help me with this