Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those concern large AV installation and protection of networks

Well bballad in this life sometimes you have something and loose something else. By give shares and full rights in them with access to marketing and sales people will definately bring you in headache. Most of them when a virus warning will appear would press cancel instead of read the related message of the AV product warning them about the virus. And do not tell me that you will train sales and marketing people...lol....well at least if you have centralized managed AV product at least you would know who is doing and what.

P.S and yes I know what are hidden shares..but worms tend not to touch them
    That was all folks!
    http://www.virusinfo.bz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

So of the preventive measures we have implemented here (with great success)

1) Installed Norton AV Corporate edition, which is run from a central server and updates the clients virus definitions regularly. Very nice suite, lots of functionallity.

2) dissabled active scripting on all client / servers that dont need it.

3) dissabled all email clients ability to display HTML and other attachments.

4) put together a very good user education process.

And to this day (4) yrs later, I have never had a single internal workstation infected with a virus.

Originally posted here by 2pumpChump
    So of the preventive measures we have implemented here (with great success)

1) Installed Norton AV Corporate edition, which is run from a central server and updates the clients virus definitions regularly. Very nice suite, lots of functionallity.

2) dissabled active scripting on all client / servers that dont need it.

3) dissabled all email clients ability to display HTML and other attachments.

4) put together a very good user education process.

And to this day (4) yrs later, I have never had a single internal workstation infected with a virus.
    I will agree on number 4. I disagree with 2 and 3. You do not need to cut these things absolutely if you have security gateway products, Spam, Internet, Sweepers, AV on Exchange servers. Well this is not absolutely and depends on what kind of organization you run in. For example if you have tellers on a bank they do not need 2 and 3 and you absolutely right. Personally believe that Norton AV is a well GUI nice solution but it does not much as other AV program does.
    That was all folks!
    http://www.virusinfo.bz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi