Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ac1dsp3ctrum banned ??? how?

ac1dsp3ctrum banned ??? how?

I've been through a thread (here ) were an AO ac1dsp3ctrum have plenty of positive antipoints and 1400 posts.

I thought that ppl could get banned only bcoz of plenty of neg?
    What happened to ac1dsp3ctrum ?
    Is that an arbitrary admin decission?

I'd like to understand, thanx
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

A long time ago, members were abusing the AntiPoint system and the former administrator JP banned ac1dsp3ctrum along with some others including jehnx, Remote_Access_ and later JCHostingAdmin... maybe others too, but I did not really keep up with it. All I know it was a shitty time with all the alliances.

If you read the threads closer, you will see all the melodrama.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Nope, it's not only because of antipoints or an abitrary decision by the admin. People can get banned for doing stupid things over and over, i.e. discriminating, being a biggot, antipoint fraud, etc.
    Ac1d was banned long ago...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Previous Forum

Which brings me back to my previous anti points point.

I think they should be based on Merit rather than brown nosing or alliances.

Re: Previous Forum

Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002
    Which brings me back to my previous anti points point.

I think they should be based on Merit rather than brown nosing or alliances.
    how do you suppose to enforce a system like that?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

I've been abused I thought it was recent becoz the thread had been reactivated by "mind**** " today.
    Ok its old stuff.
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Good idea but comleatly uninforcable. As I understand it there was a time you could add anti points to banned members, so some of the old banned members may have high anti point listings
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Antipoints for merit.

I suggest that there could be a list of multiple choice tests that one could take (completely random questions with time limit) to earn antipoints.

That way your member status could be based on your experience and proper skillset instead of how much you have sucked up or forum filled.

Where I appreciate that some members do have proper ratings like Tampa bay (Gr8 Guy who has helped me many times)

There are a few members with mega AP and mega status through the aforementioned methods.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Although I don't know the technical details on how the site determines anti-point values, I have seen the system abused in both directions. I have also noticed a significant increase in negs...

Now, as for earning APs, yes, I agree that they should be based on merit. Developing exams and quizes may not be the most efficient way to earn APs but perhaps something like the hacker challenge may be more appropriate. In other words, have AO setup a honeypot server and have it's members agree to some sort of EULA that states that this is for teststing, yada, yada and have members give it their best shot at comprimising the system based on guidlines given by the AO admins. If you are successful in comprimising the server and you answer all the questions correctly, then you get 200 APs or something of the like. Also, have a select team of AO members configure the server to see if they are able to thwart the attack. If they are sucessful then *they* get the APs. This way, a wealth of knowledge is gained when the results are posted. You can study techniques used by admins and hackers. What'd ya think?

--My two cents
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

thehorse13... that idea is what i like to call "sick!"
    awesome idea! a lil war game anyone?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...