Logon Scripts - Syntax

Thread: Logon Scripts - Syntax

Logon Scripts - Syntax

Good Morning Gurus!

What is the proper syntax for adding a launch command to a network users logon script?

I would like to have an application launch once they logon.

Pretty simple I bet...just new.

Thank You for helping.

Not sure exactly what you need, could you be a little more specific? Do you want an auto-logon script? or just some program to run once they log on? Easiest way for the latter one would be to put the program in their Startup folder... or in the regestry.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I have an application on my logon/fileserver that needs to start once they logon. This application then gets system info. from the users system.

They have mapped drives to this folder. I just have never written any scripts before.

hope this helps

there's probably an easy way, but the only way I can think of off hand is to add it to the regestry. You said the drive was map'd already, so just add a new string value in the Run folder of the regestry pointing to the application on the mapped drive (IE F:\here\runme.exe). This will run every time the computer is loged on.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

This was copied from the install instructions.

"...Configure all the user's workstations to run the clientcon.exe application. The easiest way to do this is to place the Client files in a public shared folder and add the clientcon.exe launch command to the user's logon scripts ..."

Cross,

Thank You sir!

That did the trick. Added it to the run folder and viola.