Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus

Exclamation Virus

Anti-Online is meant to be a place where H4x0r5 can learn how virus' work and even create virus' in a safe leagle enviroment, right -> do tell me if i'm out of line here coz this is the sort of thing that gets you banned!

So anyway i am daring to ask the big question... how.
    With only the BASIC languarge to guide you how could one create say... code that can attach it's self to the end of an exacutable without acctually dammaging the executable its self.
    if it's possible could you include the actual code you would use or links were i could find out how to create this?

sorry, if you have any responce email me at: stinkysheep@hotmail.com

Just Another Geek
    You're walking on thin ice here

I don't think this would be possible if you only used basic. You probably need a combination of C and assembly to pull this off.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Your comment
    Anti-Online is meant to be a place where H4x0r5 can learn how virus' work and even create virus'
    compare with the site logo.. what do you think?

Hackers Know The Weaknesses In Your System. Shouldn't You
    oh and have ya read the FAQ or the Tutorials?.. good place to get the information you are asking for.. bloody good wealth of info in those thar tutorials..

and m8 you are a shepherd in cattle country...(only diggn at ya email addy lol)

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Arrow

thanx for the re-definement, but the question still stands, with only knoledge of BASIC could a potental hackor build a suitable virus. sure even i could make something in BASIC that can edit win.ini or delete stuff but can a stand alone program be made in BASIC that can attach itself or maliciouse code to .exe, .sys, .scr or what ever?
    coz if we cant find out how to do this than we are one step behind the hackors and there for do not know the weakness in our system.

In a word yes...but it would add size ot the file that would be very noticeable. There are even a few difretn ways to go about pullingit off, but for that info you would be best of going to a difrent board/newsgroup to find out
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

ture... but

yeah but if you could pull it of in BASIC imagine what that would mean... the dumb mans languarge the languarge even little kiddies can learn being capible of making mas replicating standalone software. you would be getting a LOT of people wanting to test the l337ness against the awsome might of say pc-cillin meaning a LOT of virus' with a lot of vereation. it would be quite interesting to see if it could be done, it would mean that the man on the street could make his own worm.

it was done....look up VCL, useless now as it made 16 bit applications, but occasionaly I see something made by it float by...most AV's should pick up viri made by it now but I haven't tested that.

thanx that realy answered my question i have two things left to ask,
    1. do you know if i could find the sorce code to reveiw over this, for scientific reasons only... not that it would make a very powerfull virus no matter how much one fiddled with it.

2. why does it say my participation and points keep going down?! was this a bad thing to past on an anti virus site?

I guess some people didn't like the origional post. IT gose that way sometimes, unless you are closeing in on being banned don't worry too much about antipoints. As for the source...I doubt the computer it was writen on survived over these years, but you can get the lab itslef if you serach the net for it (perhaps no where man posted the source but I doubt it.) If you find the programm and want to know the pkzip password pm me and i will let you know

~Brain wave~

ok i just thought of something , this will probly get me burned but hay...
    say im a virus writer and i want to insert my code onto the end of a file called "sheep.exe" (being original here) would it be as easy as, making, with Basic, the code i want to copy and saving it as "virus.exe" (being original again) then simply renaming 'sheep.exe' to 'sheep.TXT'
    (spot the difference and the ren 'virus.exe' to 'virus.txt' and copying the contence of a to the bottom of be and renaming the now moddifyed 'sheep.txt back to a .exe extencion, would it still work, and would the existing code form 'virus.exe' still be intact???

[gloworange]This should confuse most n00bs so now we know who you are[/gloworange]