Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AP System Suggestion

I like this idea, I myself was negged for posting in Tech Humor. The person did not give a reason so I have tried the "Contact this person" thing. Having the anit-points will make it easier to know who to ask when security questions arise. Since it is likely that the knoledgeable people will have "legions of Leprechauns trying to steal that shiny pot of positve AnitPoints" :-)
    Curtis

HTRegz

I am Also available to do the job...
    Ah, yes, divorce......., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man\'s genitals through his wallet.

--Robin Williams

as i have learnt from human nature, i could almost guarantee that the majority of negs (the unjust ones) will not go through and the majority or greens, however unjust, will probably go through.
    This isn't supporting your argument .

besides, would you rather it be treated differently and not gone through if it was a ned, then a greenie, or would you rather then to all go through.
    If this board is going to keep antipoints, I'd rather they all went through. When you think about it, if you want to have antipoint moderation to this extent (I'm thinking you would need guidelines for the proposed antipoint moderators) then there's no point in having antipoints, as they are something that could be awarded by following the guidelines, i.e. your opinion is not really of concern, because it will either fit in with the guidelines or it won't. If it doesn't, it will be rejected. You could have someone go through and 'mark' all the posts based on the guidelines and achieve the same thing, except nothing will be missed.

you cant tell me that JP moderated ALL assignments, and we may not have to monitor all assignments either. hmmm... maybe there is a way to define the intesity of an assignment, and only those can be moderated. you never hear complaints about a neg that took off a couple of points, you only hear about that ones that do real damage.
    What I meant was when there was a problem, or abuse occurred, he was the only person who looked into it.

If you look at JP's first post on antipoints, he states that an old, respected member might even deal out a mighty seven antipoints with each assignment , when nowadays people can assign upwards of 70 antipoints. So then what is real damage, is it 10 negs, 20 greens, more? Say you're on the top 10 list and you lose 10 antipoints, that's not a big deal, but then if you're actually on 10 antipoints and you lose them all, it is a big deal. Maybe code to calculate relative impact of assignment on user.

HAH... sorry dude..... the walking floppy really should have given it away.. I guess I'm kinda tired.... wasn't expecting to see your return this quickly.... Anways nice new name... and yeah you definately are a respected member.. but still that makes 1 out of a fair amount that you would need to adequately handle the job.

If you look at JP's first post on antipoints, he states that an old, respected member might even deal out a mighty seven antipoints with each assignment , when nowadays people can assign upwards of 70 antipoints. So then what is real damage, is it 10 negs, 20 greens, more? Say you're on the top 10 list and you lose 10 antipoints, that's not a big deal, but then if you're actually on 10 antipoints and you lose them all, it is a big deal. Maybe code to calculate relative impact of assignment on user.
    yea, but now your talking about how to AP system works now... hehe, just some questions cant be answered

HTRegz,

yea, no worries.

but like i was saying, thats why wee need more than just one. but in the end, it is alot of work, and if it needs to be dont at all it needs to be done right...

anyways, maybe we can still think of other ways to figure a new system out.. or at least modify the old one. perhaps that we can add a link beside the "contact user about assignment" for people to complain and then an AP mod could look into those ones..

that way only the ones people complain about get seen... but then people would likely to complain on all negs... BAH!

hehe, we will figure something out
    Ah, yes, divorce......., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man\'s genitals through his wallet.

--Robin Williams

How about we work with part of your idea....

It seems to me, and correct me if i'm wrong, but most of the problems arise from newbies who are playing with the AP system, possibly to upset the order of AO, possibly because they are uninformed.. How about an AP mod who recieves a random sampling of new members assignments. It isn't the greatest system because you could recieve only positive looking assignments, but based on odds it would allow you to definately cut down on the problems. Sometimes you don't have to solve the problem, just find a way to limit it. Everytime a new member signs up they are put on a grace period, where for a month, or two, or however long is decided.. a certain percentage of the APs they assign are sent to a mod. As for more senior members and people who have just been around longer, take a very small percentage of their assignments as the assumption would be they don't need to be babysat as much.

This may not be the greatest solution.. but perhaps it's a way of finding a happy-medium until a permant solution comes forward, and it doesn't require a great deal of man-power. (woman-power).. just one person who's willing to scan a few AP assignments every day.

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by Negative
    I don't think you have any idea of the amount of antipoint assignments that fly around here daily... You'd need 1,500 people to check them all... I'm still in favor of the 'report this antipoint assignment to a moderator', though...
    I'll second that motion......
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

ok people.

so where does that leave us? if we are going to put forward a suggestion like this, then i recommend that we put all our heads together and sort it out all good and dandy before we give it to someone important enough to do something, but not so important not to give a damn :P

--Robin Williams

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Well I like the Antipoint moderator thingie too... as well the assigning ap's via moderators.

I know this though, If one of these is coming through , our only two active mods ( Negative and MsMittens) would get swamped in no time.
    So my suggestion to JUPM is to replace the mods who aren't active around here anymore, with new moderators.
    Then go through with the ap-assigning via mods.
    Each mod would evaluate the ap's in his forum, that way there aren't too much mods, they wouldn't get swamped,
    and we have more control on the forums.....

I think this one could do the trick....

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Nice idea shreks.... hehe, like your new avatar too.

wonder if i can be a mod on my new account... cause i still am a restected senior member

but yea, i think that these have been very good ideas and we might just be able to pull them off

does anyone have any suggestions on how we are going to set this up though??

--Robin Williams