Thread: Ad-Aware 6.5???

Ad-Aware 6.5???

I was recently searching for software to experiment with on Kazaa Lite and I came across the results posted below(see pic attachment) on a search for 'ad-aware.' What it looks like is that the most popular download is a file called ad-aware 6.5. This seemed odd to me so I researched on www.lavasoft.de to see whether there was a version 6.5 expected for or recently released. I failed to find anything. So I began the download to examine the file while doing a search in google for ad-aware 6.5. These were the results...http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...q=ad-aware+6.5

My question is, is ad-aware 6.5 a virus/hoax or does anyone have any credible input regarding a future version.

-thanx
    ][ neta1o ][

As you can see, the 6.5 version is only 965k (or at least looks that) And the normal Version 6 is around 2700k, most likly this is some other product just named that for you to download, may even be a Trojan server renamed to that, my advice don't download.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

I would only go to adaware's site to download there software though(any software for that matter), hostile p2p users just love to stick trojans and viruses in their software for others to suffer from. Ive seen versions of software listed that i know for certain arent even out, so your hunch is right, its probably malicious.

<offtopic>

I can see from your jpeg there you are only running the speedup tool. When you go to install Kazaa Lite make sure you install that KazAp. That sucker is fantastic, i can download upwards of 1000 pics in under 20 minutes with KazAp running. However, i would recommend a strong AV if your gonna engage in that kind of activity.

Cool Ad-ware

Don't touch the file, it probaly is something nasty you don't want.

I think one of the most official sites about Ad Aware is Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ . So there are two versions of an explaation. One is that the program is corrupted...the Second and more obvious is that is a renamed trojan or backdoor program. Kazaa although is sometimes useful hides most of the time lots of dangers, so at least have firewaLL and AV when you are connected.
    That was all folks!
    http://www.virusinfo.bz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Framework, can u post Kazapon here or provide a link for it as its developers have decided not to make it anymore

Sorry - KaZap! is no longer being developed or supported.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the project it was very much appreciated.

Why has this happened?

KaZap! Caused a lot of feedback ranging from wildly enthusiastic to abusive and derogatory - some loved it some hated it.
    This, coupled with a severe time shortage, made me decide to drop it.

Thanks again to those who helped.

Kazapdev.

Ah shoot that blows. Good thing i make backups of all my software twice a week. Are you sure you cant get it going, since you are already using kazza lite. When you got to install it, kazaa lite should provide a window with a list of options, kazap is one of them. Or did you delete the .exe file. You could try www.oldversion.com but if that doesnt do, i can send you the program via ftp or threw whichever method you want i reckon. Im almost certain though you should be able to find it somewhere on the net, besides its much safer for you and me that way. Is there a way i can do this thew AO?

I always condone the purchasing of retail software through its vendor but since I work as a computer tech I frequently try to analyze things that could instigate problems, especially that of security. From what I've researched I have been unable to find any credible information regarding a new version 6.5 for ad-aware. I took the extra step of downloading the hoax file to determine its falseness and came to the same conclusion as a large majority of antivirus companies thanks to Norton (see attached picture). The thing that bothers me is that all of the individuals that have the file available for download on Kazaa have the backdoor virus and are not aware of it. The reason that this is true is because while trying to download the virus, if your antivirus software is set to any form of auto-protect it will catch the virus during download and disallow it to finish causing a failed or corrupted download.

Here's a link to the virus Information Symantec

Best new version of spyware free kazaa lite http://doa2.host.sk/

Hope this clears up the case, thanks for everyone’s input.
    ][ neta1o ][

you want something to kill of Spyware, I recomend Spybot Search and destroy....it's better than Ad-aware by my tests (Run ad-aware, clean all that it finds, run SB-S&D, remove the rest....preform the same actions the other way around and you'll see that AdAware dosn't find any thing...)
    SpyBot is also free, not to mention the fact that it has a whole bunch of extras like Imunize and Dialer search and much much more....presonaly, Adaware can't hold a candle to Spybot.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.