Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highschool Girls Hazing?

Lightbulb Highschool Girls Hazing?

Who knew that highschool students would be involved with hazing, i thought it was mostly college kids doing this sorta thing. The gist of the story is that a certain highschool in Illinois usually played host to a touch football game called "powder puff". The school discontinued this event, but the students carried it out on there own for the past couple of years. Apparently the "junior" girls submit themselves to a hazing ritual, at the mercy of the senior girls. The girls were hit with all sorts of nasty crap like fish oil and feces, as well as punches and kicks. Im only 20 and i have done alot of stupid crap, but for some reason this really pissed me off. Even though i felt for the girls who ended up in the hospital, i couldnt help but get pissed at them for subjecting themselves to this type of treatment. Heres a link to the story and the video.

Story
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86473,00.html

Video
    http://www.foxnews.com/topstories/index.html

What do you guys think about all this, especially those of you who dont live in the U.S.

I don't know how the whole junior, senior thing works but I believe senior is your last year of HS, right? I think the school should fail every student involved... hold them back and force them to miss out on moving on to college/uni. In my HS we had initiations when you went into gr 9, performed by the gr 12 and 13 students, but they were nothing like this. Students who didn't comply sometimes took a few punches after school if they saw the person while walking home, but that was the extent of it, and none of our initiations were ever this brutal. Of course initiations were banned at our HS but that didn't stop them from happening. We'd force gr 9s to push penny's down the hall with their noses, or stand up in the caf. and sing songs.. stupid lil things like that.. no one got hurt and no one was worse off from it.

I'd really like to know what kind of people do these kind sick things.. I mean throwing human **** at people and paint and oil, and forcing them to open their mouth so you can pour it in... that's disgusting... The other day Tiger Shark posted saying he rested his case regarding Americans because 1 American had done a great thing, while I don't think this incident here speaks for all Americans, we (those of us who don't think to highly of the US) could easily turn this around and say this proves our case against Americans. I'm not saying it does, i'm just saying that you can't take one news story about a nation and say it proves your point, it doesn't work that way....

Anyways one last time, these people are completely sick and should be severely punished and possibly undergo psychiatric evalution.

I hear ya HT. Yes, senior is the 12th grade, then you can move on to college, or earlier if your smart enough/lol. I agree, criminal charges should be filed, and they should be expelled. However, since this didnt take place on the schools watch, they would be hard pressed to expell them i would think. Although some action was taken against those students who signed the "school code of conduct" form, most of those are students who are involved with sports and such. I think its time to reinitiate corporal punishment again! I had to undergo it, and it wasnt so bad.

It makes me sick to think that this kind of stuff happens. I mean how stupid can you get to actually allow someone to do something like this to you. I feel just as mad at the girls who were stupid enough to actually undergo this kind of punishment. Arggggg, I just wonder sometimes why people can be so stupid. I wonder how the Seniors will get punished. Personally I would let the Juniors through **** and other gross things at the Seniors. I also wonder why the Seniors would do this to the Juniors since I'm guessing they had the same thing done to them while they were a Junior. Wouldn't they figure out how dumb and gross it is and just stop that psychotic tradition?
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

Your right on target there schoolsucks. Yeah, the report says that this has been going on for a few years, so i take it they underwent the same treatment, but not to the extent these girls. Im with you on being angry at the girls who allowed this to happen to them, although i dont think they had any idea of the intensity. Despite all that, i would never let some punk throw something on me especially not feces. I was really surprised at the beatdown those girls got, they just showed some new video of this incident and there were girls throwing punches and buckets. Im 210 pounds and some of those punches would have probably have hurt me so..

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    The juniors also paid $35 for thier initiation.

I'm all for punishing the seniors involved. Their parents should be investigated for their involvement, that keg of beer came from somewhere.

The school district is trying to shed it's responsibility but he common uniting factor was the school. This wasn't a coming out party, this was you're moving up to senior in HS "party."

To say that none of this was planned on school property is ludicrous.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Its really odd how the first thing out of the schools lips, was "the students were using text messaging and cell phones to keep it under wraps" as if to shed all blame. On the same token, they questioned the students at school whenever they saw them in their yellow "senior" uniforms before this ever happend. If they were questioning them, they had to have known the incident was drawing near, thus they should have alerted the authorites to give them the heads up about it, and maybe they could of been on the lookout for them.

Haveing grown up and curiently liveing in that general area I figured that I could weight in with a little area knowlade. This is nothing new, every year the hasing has come close to or exceded this level of vioence (hell it was some of the senior's mothers that supplied the gunk to trhow on the juniors), the only difrence this year was someone spoke up after the fact. The school new it was going to happen and where it was, this is at the same basic time and place every year. Unfortunitly nothing will happen to the girls, they all come form very wealthy families and their parents would sue the pants off the school if they endangered their kids Ivey league college acceptance.

On another note I fell the juniors don't have much right to complain, they knew exactly what was going to happen. They paid $40 a head for the privlage of being hazed, and they will do the same thing next year when they are seniors.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Hazing can have its place..., but the problem is when it goes to far, becomes mean-spirited, or someone gets their panties in a bunch.

Unfortunately I have to show just how much of a dork I am in order to continue on with my example..., just a warning.
    So..., for 4 of my highschool years I was in marching band. Not a pep band, an actual marching band with a rather stunning field show and pretty damn good music... (We did a Blood, Sweat, and Tears show that rocked...) In order to get up to par before the season we got shipped off for a week to camp. Camp consisted of 4 marching sessions a day and at least 2 music rehearsal. It was a ton of work.

One of the traditions was called "Rookie Day" this was our version of hazing. The rookies were woken up at the crack of dawn to get onto the field and find out their place on the food chain. They'd get introduced to the proper way to march, how not to smile or laugh when at attention, all those things that were required for successful integration to the group. And we had a lot of fun. 90% of the hazing was just playing up rookie day to be the worst thing ever before they got there, Of course strange things did happen, an upperclassman ordered me to wear a pink teddy over my clothes..., so the next year I gave a freshmen my pink teddy to wear, so the cycle would continue.

Then, a parent complained that rookie day was sexual discrimination..., I don't quite understand how, as everyone was treated equally, and if anything we were over cautious in making sure that noone crossed the bounds of harrassment (like I said this was a marching band so we were all dorks). And so it was ended. No more rookie day. This pissed me off when I heard about it. All freshmen used to get inducted in the same way, and the football team still has there disgusting hazing rituals..., but the band because someone's parents couldn't accept the fact that there little girl wasn't being treated like a princess the band has to lose its unity.
    The biggest thing about rookie day was forcing everyone to intreact with the incoming freshmen. The end of rookie day, the president of the band (a senior) had to recite from memory the names of every freshmen member. If they didn't they had to run a foam bat gauntlet of the freshmen.

Of course, the band's hazing had been trimmed back before, apparently in the 80's it was a little more tenacious than it was 95-99 when I was there, but now it is totally defunct. I don't think we ever crossed the line, but it sounds like that highschool went too far, throwing **** is just not cool. Why isn't duct-taping someone to a tree enough? (I've always wanted to do that...)

Dhej
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel

(like I said this was a marching band so we were all dorks)

I wish i had been one of those "dorks", i would of probably never laid a finger on drugs, had i been involved in some extracurricular activity. I guess my point is you probably were one of the smart ones in the end.

I'll give you an example of why. I quit school, to homeschool myself my senior year, I ended up haveing alot of free time, so i began to work in an hotel. I was involved with drugs and selling them etc... One day i was slipped something in my drink by one of the housekeepers at the hotel, and whatever it was it almost blew up my heart..... literally. The diagnosis after all this happend was i had a mild case of vtach, the doctor said" good thing this was a mild case, those with anything more...we usually tell them it was nice knowing you". Not the kinda news you wanna hear. I would recommend being a geek,dork, or even a dweeb over being a drug user, who thinks he's cool. Im 20 now, and if theres any younger ones in this forum, please learn from my mistake, it just might save your life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    News Update:

I just saw on the news, that suspensions are being handed out to some of the partakers.