Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uh oh!

Saudi Arabia is known for his terrorism, for the moment there's no proof that Iraq is a terrorism country. US will never attack Saudi Arabia because of oil. And I'm an independent thinker, I'm here to share my point of view and learn what others think. I don't take all what my president say, if Chirac was not agree with Bush it's because France has a point of view but I sure that relations with Iraq are for something too.
    You say there is no evidence that Iraq is a terrorist country right? Your dead wrong Ghostdog, i suggest you explain
    This guy's presence in Iraq. Or can you explain This facility to us?

And about my president, i can fully trust everything he says, and i dont have to think twice about it. Not all nations are fortunate enough to be able to say that. In case you havent noticed Bill Clinton is no longer in office.

Originally posted here by Ghostdog

France had a great role in the conflict with Serbie.Création of the agreements of Dayton, creation of the SFOR, 7500 soldier sending.
    True, France did contribute significantly to the peace keeping force in Bosnia.

But

To elaborate on my original point, on December 15, 2001, Pierre Henri Bunel, a former French military intelligence officer accused of passing on NATO war plans to Serbian intelligence in 1998, was found guilty of treason and sentenced by a military/civilian tribunal. To quote from the news reports at the time:

"The verdict itself and the trial’s proceedings can only deepen suspicions of a high-level cover-up, for fear of exposing the fact that Bunel was not acting alone but on behalf of a section of France’s state apparatus.
    The case against Bunel, prepared over two years, ended in a guilty verdict after just two days. The trial had been transferred from a public to a military court to hide the proceedings from the French public."
    "It is highly probable that he was instructed to meet with Serbian intelligence by the French secret service and it was only because his activities were discovered by US intelligence that he was arrested."
    "Interviewed in December 1999, Jacques Rupnik of France’s Centre for International Affairs explains, 'France does feel this paranoia that America is a hegemonic power in the Balkans... France feels that the US has established itself as the dominant power in the Balkans, and that the French position in the Balkans has been weakened.' According to Dominique Moisi, another leading French Foreign policy expert, 'The incidents of French complicity with the Serbs are so numerous that it must be defined as something of a trend.' "

And secondly:

Questions remain over the French role in the massacre in Srebrenica (July 1995), when 7000 civilians (Bosnian Muslims) were murdered in cold blood by the Serbs.
    There were rumours at the time that the French general (Bernard Janvier) in charge of the so called 'UN safe haven' had done a deal with the Serbs.
    What is true is that he did not call in air strikes to protect the area, and the Dutch peacekeepers stood by and watched it happen ....

France launched an enquiry into this and concluded that the UN rules of engagement were at fault. Technically, this is probably true, but given that France ignores rulings when it suits them (lots of recent EU cases), this seems rather hypocritical.

In contrast the UK peacekeeping contingent acted robustly when confronted by a similar situation, bending the rules of engagement, because they thought it was the right thing to do from a moral perspective.

No smoke without fire ....

Incidentally, I don't have a grudge against the French people, having spent many enjoyable holidays in rural France, but I do disagree fundamentally with the French attitude to foreign affairs.

FrameWork said

And about my president, i can fully trust everything he says, and i dont have to think twice about it. Not all nations are fortunate enough to be able to say that. In case you havent noticed Bill Clinton is no longer in office.
    Well, what can I say ? Nothing I'm horrified to read that. If you think that a gouvernment tell all the things.

Let's have a break with this funny joke.

Well, what can I say ? Nothing I'm horrified to read that. If you think that a gouvernment tell all the things.
    Who said anything about government Ghostdog? I said my president, our government is comprised of much more than just one person, and we all know how corrupt politicians can be.

And i love how you side stepped my entire point, wont you please address it this time?

You have done nothing to answer my last post.

<edit>
    I must admit that is a funny pic.

FrameWork said

Who said anything about government Ghostdog? I said my president, our government is comprised of much more than just one person, and we all know how corrupt politicians can be.
    The president is the chief of the gouvernment so if the gouvernment lies, the president lies. For the corruption, if I remember well, the election of Mr. Bush is not very clear. Some says that G. W. Bush and his brother the gouvernor of Florida have made some illegal things. Ok there's no proof but there's big suspicions.

FrameWork said

And i love how you side stepped my entire point, wont you please address it this time?

You have done nothing to answer my last post.
    If you speak about Abu Nidal and the "secret terrorist training facility", well a man is not a terrorism organization and for the "secret terrorist training facility", well you can find some usefull weapon training center in USA. The terrorists of 9/11 learned to pilot in USA but this don't do USA an allied country of the terrorists.

The president is the chief of the gouvernment so if the gouvernment lies, the president lies.
    This doesnt make a lick of sense Ghostdog, im not sure if it's because you dont speak good english or what, but that really doesnt make too much sense. I'm pretty sure the president and the government(although he is the head of it)are two very seperate things, the president doesnt just get the authority to do whatever he wants. There is a major system of checks and balances, it's not like a dictatorship or a monarchy, the president in most cases must get the persmission of congress and the senate to do the vast majority of things he might want to do. <edit> (legislation wise anyway)--( of course there are presidential order's too). <edit>

If you speak about Abu Nidal and the "secret terrorist training facility", well a man is not a terrorism organization and for the "secret terrorist training facility", well you can find some usefull weapon training center in USA. The terrorists of 9/11 learned to pilot in USA but this don't do USA an allied country of the terrorists.
    Ok, but before you say there is no evidence that Iraq was a terrorist country, check the facts first.

This doesnt make a lick of sense Ghostdog, im not sure if it's because you dont speak good english or what, but that really doesnt make too much sense. I'm pretty sure the president and the government(although he is the head of it)are two very seperate things, the president doesnt just get the authority to do whatever he wants. There is a major system of checks and balances, it's not like a dictatorship or a monarchy, the president in most cases must get the persmission of congress and the senate to do the vast majority of things he might want to do. <edit> (legislation wise anyway)--( of course there are presidential order's too)
    The president choose the persons who will help him to govern, so the majority of the government is for the president.

(First off i just wanna say, im not trying to get into a flame war with you Ghostdog, and im gonna love you no matter what. I just disagree with you.)

The president choose the persons who will help him to govern, so the majority of the government is for the president.
    The President only chooses his cabinet (someone correct me if im wrong), but i believe he can only choose his cabinent and maybe some other officials. The other representatives in Congress and the Senate are all elected by us the American people. There are two senators for each state, and no less than one congressman for each state.

(First off i just wanna say, im not trying to get into a flame war with you Ghostdog, and im gonna love you no matter what. I just disagree with you.)
    I am not in war with you either. I exchange a point of view but I can make mistake.

Hey, were both right and wrong in different ways, no worries.