firewall instalation gone bad

Thread: firewall instalation gone bad

Snohomish WA

Angry firewall instalation gone bad

Yesterday I decided to install and try BitGuard Personal Firewall. I am running windows XP Home Edition.
    The installation went as pretty much every installation does, ending with the need to reboot.
    As soon as I pushed ok for the reboot the screen went blue....then I could not boot back into windows. I couldn't even boot into safe mode.
    I eventually managed to get into safe mode after using the recovery console to fix my mbr, from there I removed the newly installed firewall and then booted into windows normally. These are a couple of the multiple errors that were showing in my eventviewer:
    >The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    >Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

>DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    >The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: Fips
    >The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning

Theres a looonnngg list of the last error, for various different services and dependencies.

I was assuming that my problems originated with the firewall because of the timing, is that a safe assumption? What about the device it refers to? (device manager shows everything is fine.)?
    Now that I've gotten it to boot again, are there any additional things I need to check?

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

I was assuming that my problems originated with the firewall because of the timing, is that a safe assumption?
    Im not too sure on that note, but i had a very similar problem when i tried out agnitum outpost, I rebooted and was unable to boot up XP. I, as you did, eventually got in threw safe mode and also ran various recovery console commands. I eventually got in and uninstalled outpost, then i removed the registry entries, i decided to just continue using Sygate ever since.