Thread: Cnsa

Cnsa

ok ill be going to colledge next year for Computer Network Systems Administrator. i want to know if there is anything to expect in the class and what is CNSA mostly about. also some tips on being prepared for the work. Is there anyone here who is a CNSA. If there is what is your day like on the job?

thanks

favyan
    the computer was the best invention ever made if you agree with me say I

ok ill be going to college next year for Computer Network Systems Administrator. i want to know if there is anything to expect in the class and what is CNSA mostly about.

I know this doesnt answer your questions reguarding CNSA, but i think its worth mentioning. If you havent developed good study habits yet, do it rightaway, cause it will save you many headaches.
    I'm entering my softmore year in a local community college where im at, unfortunately i had to learn the hard way reguarding studying. Thats a good goal, good luck with that.

And if you dont mind keep us updated from time to time, i enjoy the follow up's on these sorta things.

thanks i will. as a metter of fact ill be on this site way more often then in the past. especially when i start my classes in august.

One thing you have to be sure of is that you know your program.

My program is called CTY (Computer System Technology), but it's basically a network admin program, i'm assuming similar to yours. A lot of people entered the program not knowing what to expect. You've already enrolled from the sounds of it so you're locked in but be sure it's what you want... After first semester we lost 20% of our class, and prolly another 10-20% after second semester. I can give you a run down of my program up-to-date it may be similar to yours.

First Semester
    -- Networking I - First semester of the CCNA as well as Nortel routing.
    -- Programming I - Intoduction to programing with Visual Basic .Net.
    -- Databases I - Introduction to databases with MS Access.
    -- Operating Systems I - Introduction to Computer Boot Process and operating system operation -- Introduction to NT/2K/XP, RH Linux, DOS.
    -- Professional Development I - Introduction to dealing with mulitcultural business. Realizing who you are and where you stand in the world.
    -- Communications - English class - Email writing, memo writing, report writing

Second Semester
    -- Network II - Second semester of the CCNA as well as more Nortel information
    -- Operating Systems II - Indepth look at NT and 2K administration
    -- Hardware I - A+ type material -- Hardware installation and troubleshooting. Indepth look at how hardware works and how the computer brings it all together
    -- Professional Development II - Team work. Working in teams to solve IT related problems.
    -- System Documentation - Documention Projects, Documenting System Information, Email Writing, Intra-office communication.

I've finished those two semesters so far....
    Upcoming I have the last 2 CCNA semesters, the 4 CCNP semesters, another database course (SQL and Oracle), A *nix OS course, Some advanced operating systems courses (working in multi-os environments), Security/hacking classes, More professional development courses, A Disaster Recovery planning course, and a bunch of others....

If this sounds similar to your program feel free to get in touch with me and I'll fill you in on the details of what was covered and give ya an assistance I can.

The big thing is, like FrameWork said, studying... if you don't know the information. A lot of people figured they knew a bit about compters and never studied... they quickly found the need to but for a lot of them it was already too late. A social life is another big part.... as funny as a lot of people will think that sounds.. you have to get out and have fun.. You will end up hating your computer a lot of the time.. after spending so much classtime on one... You'll have to get out.. we ended up finding Laser Quest (Paintball but with suits and lasers) and we'd go play and relieve our stress.. it was actually quite popular in our program.

sounds very interesting with the laser tag. lol.

I havent started the classes yet. but i do know that we will be doing something with novell and windows 2000. plus linux and the hardware stuff. tell you the truth i anticipate the classes alot. i love computers and thats the reason why i chose the CNSA. Im 16 and i got into an ealry colledge enrollment program, So ill be taking my senior year and first year of collegdde at the same time. Computer network Systems Administrator was the only program i could that suited my computer knowledge needs (meaning it was the only class that i think could feed my thirst for knowledge on computers). i just want4ed to hear some oppinions about the job environment. Im glad you gave the information you did becasue now i know that i should look into registering at some placve to have fun. lol. thanks alot i appreciate the comments

favyan