I had Sysgate Personal Firewall installed for a change. I like certain features available in this firewall.

However, I find that if you are using Win XP & switched to different user without logging off, you will not be able to control the Sysgate Personal Firewall. For example, if you wanted to open Kazaa, the firewall will prompt you the question wheter you want to allow Kazza to access the internet in the first user you logged in. I think this is Sysgate's weakness. I hope they will change this. Am I protected if I switched to different user in Win XP because I can't see Sysgate Firewall activated once I logged in into different user?

Other questions that I need to know :

1. Whenever I log in to Win XP, the firewall will ask me whether I want to allow Windows Explorer to broadcast to 224.0.0.55 ? What does that mean? What IP address is that? Am I hacked?

2. I just received this message from the firewall:
NDIS User Mode I/o Driver is being connected by the remote machine (IP address here) using local port 1049 (TD-POSTMAN - Tobit David Postman VPMN). Do you want to allow this program to access the network?

Who is Tobit David Postman? Am I hacked?

Thank you for answering my questions. I appreciate your helps very much.