Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions about hacking and hackers

Your opinions about hacking and hackers

I know that maybe is a stupid thread but I want to know your personal opinnions about hacking and hackers.
    If you're one...what deffinition could you make about yourself.
    ..Here I go and never will return.....

Hacking to me is like a sport, and the cops are just the officials. You can play it all you want as long as you do it by the rules, if you break a rule, you get a penalty. Has anyone else besides me ever invisioned an Internation Hacking league? kinda like Computer Olympics
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

Banned
    *Moved from AntiOnline: How do I?*

I find it hard to consider hacking as a sport, for me its more about the desire of information, the desire to learn and the desire to explore.

There are contests out there like hackerslab and such, but to consider hacking as a sport in general would mean that you have to have opponents, who would be your opponent?
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

I'm sorry Negative for posting in another forum.
    Interesting Vigge, but if you consider hacking a sport you can have opponents too....like in wargames.
    But enough of this...i'm waiting more oppinions

I agree with you Vigge. Hacking for me is more like trying to figure out how things work, how they're put together. For me its just trying to learn more on stuff that interests me.
    =

I know that maybe is a stupid thread but I want to know your personal opinnions about hacking and hackers.
    If you're one...what deffinition could you make about yourself.
    I think the definition of hacking and hackers has been skewed a bit. Instead of thinking about the persons quest for knowledge people think of a "bad guy". Hackers arent the bad guys, its the crackers in my opinion who are the bad ones. The media have ran with the name hacker and turned it into something different than what it is known as in the hacking community. I consider myself a hacker, for some of the same reasons vigge pointed out, the main one being the quest for knowledge and exploration, figureing out how something works inside and out. I never said i was a good one, but im just like most here, still learning everyday. Learning never stops no matter how old you are.

BiZaRo, i disagree with your first statement, i think this was a good post.

Thanks a lot FrameWork .
    i think also that this becomes a good post.
    I made all this to see the opinnions around here and with some research and help from you all maybe I'll write a new and complex "definition" of hacking and hackers. To clear all bad things most of the people say about hackers.
    Yes, I know that there are some ppl who say "I'm a hacker" and do only damage but those ppl are mostly crackers or lamers.
    thanks a lot all and I'm waiting for more statements

Thumbs down

I don't see hacking as anything but a negative passtime.

For it to be a sport you would have to have some sort of active opponent or risk. It's a game at best, like doing a jigsaw puzzle and once you've cracked it you can parrot fashioned do it again .. and again ... and again.

Hackers know that what they're doing is wrong. That's why you don't see any hackers advertising their home addresses.

Just out of interest, are their any anti hacking laws? And what sort of sentence can you get?

Lightbulb

Grail I don't agree with you. And I will tell you one thing to change your mind. If hackers never existed you wouldn't have now a computer in your home, or if you had one I don't think you'll had acces to internet. Think about that. no offence but to be a hacker, in my opinion, is to seek the knowledge.
    That's why you don't see any hackers advertising their home addresses
    Yes is true, but why is true?
    because now who has the knowledge has the power, and there are some people who don't like that everyone of us to have this knowledge.
    So think again about what's good and wrong.
    Peace