Social Engineering

Thread: Social Engineering

Social Engineering

I was wondering what is "Social Engineering" and how would i go about doin it. I want to get my friends pw for his site i wanna be able to get into the ftp of his site but dunno how to get his pw.

I was wondering what is "Social Engineering" and how would i go about doin it. I want to get my friends pw for his site i wanna be able to get into the ftp of his site but dunno how to get his pw.
    I have a suggestion for you. Delete this thread before another thread goes suicidal. Why? Because unauthorized access to somebody else's FTP server is not only illegal but not allowed here. Please read the FAQ and try again.

Lastly, I call social engineering what it really is. Bullshitting.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **thread moved from Antionline: How do I? to General Chit Chat**
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

also Social Engineering is a term you could look up on your own very easily doing a search in google or any other search engine

bullshiting = lying = tricking people into giving you critical info

Developer Extraordinar
    I agree with Jack, getting into someone's FTP, or any type of severs for that matter, is illigal, this isn't the place to talk about stuff like that, maybe people seem to have a twisted view of AO, it is a place where uses can come and learn about computer security, not illigal stuff, and not "lame" stuff like Sub 7, AO is a place to talk and enjoy computers, and I agree, that your should delete the post, before you get banned.
    Come to UnError.com

Ok, now everyone is bashing social engineering, this si just like the "hackers break into bank and steal millions" Its not ****in true damn it, social engineers in the true sence dont do everything bad, for example iv done it before and i didnt rip anyone off or gain money, i did it because i enjoy learning to think on my feet quickly which is what social engineering teaches you, so quit the "lying" part, its mostly bullshitting, which anyone in college knows ids a skill to keep, if you can bullshit in colege you can pass any political, or psychology class, easy, so lets lay off the insults huh?

EDIT:
    To the people who "social engineer" to get into peoples accounts, **** off your ruining our scene.